Page 282 of 431 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I personally think you get more for your money with the PX4 CC vs. the 92C (hence why I sold my Wilson 92C). 2 more rounds, lighter weight, flatter shooting, a more concealable package overall, dovetailed front sight, easier end user customization, increased durability/longevity.

The PX4 is a gun I wish I would have tried a long time ago. I think it's the best polymer framed TDA available.

Further addendum...the base PX4 full size and compact can regularly be found at or just under $399. For that price you get a gun with 20,000 round service intervals and at least a 50,000 round service life. Plus all the other benefits I listed above. That's just unheard of. You'll pay at least double that for a P30...and the P30 doesn't shoot as flat and it will never have a trigger as good as a PX4.

Hopping off my soap box now
    I think you summed it up quite nicely. All factors considered, the PX4 is simply one of the "best" guns you can buy right now. I'm very happy with mine. Not a bobble in about 1400 rounds.

That said, I still love the 92. On paper, the PX4 wins. But there's intangibles in terms of shooting/handling that still keep the 92 very relevant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Further addendum...the base PX4 full size and compact can regularly be found at or just under $399.
    The handful of local gun stores I frequent normally carry the PX4 full size for mid-$500 range while a standard 92FS is a $600 gun, and the 92A1 is a $650 - $700 gun.

Of course, gun forums have always told me CZ75's are $450 guns, when I've normally seen them as $600 guns, so prices sure must be regional.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    The handful of local gun stores I frequent normally carry the PX4 full size for mid-$500 range while a standard 92FS is a $600 gun, and the 92A1 is a $650 - $700 gun.

Of course, gun forums have always told me CZ75's are $450 guns, when I've normally seen them as $600 guns, so prices sure must be regional.
    Shop online. There are several compact and full size PX4s for $350-375 online and on Gunbroker. The last full size PX4 I bought online was $375 shipped with factory night sights and 3 mags.
    Shoot more, post less...

Don't even buy a new gun at a brick-and-mortar without checking online first. You can usually find them for about $100 less online.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Don't even buy a new gun at a brick-and-mortar without checking online first. You can usually find them for about $100 less online.
    And when there are no more brick and mortars where will you get firearms transferred.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    And when there are no more brick and mortars where will you get firearms transferred.

Mind = blown

I kinda feel the same way--Gunbroker is pretty much my gun store. Considering I usually like older DA/SA guns, it makes sense I suppose. But I guess there will always be ranges that have FFLs.

I agree with your point, but there are a lot of people around me that just do transfers. The LGS charges $40, but there’s a guy down the street who manufactures and sells ammo, and does transfers for $20. The LGS charges 100% of MSRP, but I’ve bought several pistols from them. PSA was selling 92FS pistols for $449 shipped last week, but I have enough of those.

And when there are no more brick and mortars where will you get firearms transferred?

FIFY

The same place I buy my used guns. Or at a home-based FFL holder. Or get my own FFL. One local shop I've spent at least $1100 this year at just on used handguns. In the 5 years I've lived here I've spent enough on used guns locally to make up the difference. If it was only $50 I'd be probably just buy local. But it's consistently $100-150 more than online and half the time what I'm looking for isn't even being carried by the small shops around here.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-11-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Don't worry, the "firearm enthusiasts" will pay that $100 extra per gun. There's a finite amount of money I can earn in a lifetime. Let capitalism sort em out.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I’ve been using independent FFL’s for a decade. If the local stores were fair with pricing I’d always buy local. But when the difference is $150 more per pistol, and hundreds more per long gun, it’s hard to pay the thugs at Cabelas/Bass Pro, etc. You’re paying for their mini-river, full size Bears, etc. Even my range charges robbery prices.

User Tag List