Page 191 of 431 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Yes, I did.
    From what I can see in the pictures you posted it looks very well done. Would you mind posting pictures of the complete frame to show everything you did?

Another 350 rounds thru the CC making a total of 1250. Gun is running well, the trigger did not change with the installation of the spurless hammer.

^^That is very nice work.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Thanks, I'm good at following lines[emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Agreed. Thanks for the pics, JohnN. I'd like to do (or, more likely, have someone do) the same to mine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Agree 100%

JohnN would you mind explaining your process and the tool used?

I've watched several videos by others but not on PX4. How was plastic? Did you practice on backstraps first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnN, that looks like a particularly nice stippling job. I agree with Palmetto, care to share your technique/tools/method? How long did it take you? And if one were to desire a little more "aggressive" texturing, what might you recommend? What aspect(s) of the job were a little more challenging than what you initially thought? (And what was easier?)

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

I use a Weller adjustable temperature soldering iron. I have done quite a few Glock frames, the polymer Beretta uses on the PX4 is a good deal easier to work with. There is substantially less material follow on the Beretta.

Prep work is key. A Glock requires the removal of the factory texturing in order to look right. Not necessary with the Storm.

Hey guys, little late to the party here, but I picked up my "stock" PX4 CC last week, and after 230 trouble-free rounds, I LOVE this little pistol. In fact I plan to make it my new EDC after another 2-300 rounds with no issues. Anyway, I have a couple questions for those with more experience with this pistol than I have:

Is there a steel guide rod available for the compact? I can only find one for the full-size.

Is it possible to reduce the DA pull weight while leaving SA as is? My Compact Carry has a beautiful, crisp 3 lb. 12 oz. SA, but DA is nearly 10 lbs. Can I swap out the hammer spring and drop the DA weight? If so, what is the stock spring weight with the competition package that comes in the CC, and what would the next option be to lower the DA pull weight?

For those with the Mod 4 Robar pistol (yes, I'm thinking about getting a second, tricked out CC), what all does Robar apply NP3 to? All internals plus barrel? Hammer? Slide?

Also on the Mod 4, what are the DA/SA trigger pull weights? I'd love to get an 8 lb. or so DA but leave the SA close to 4 lbs.

Thanks!

User Tag List