Page 381 of 431 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Oh nice, the TFB review mentions the new 10# hammer spring and OP trigger bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    TFB review posted this morning.
    Yeah, I just saw this about an hour ago. It's nice to see it getting attention.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Beretta’s repair center in MD in FINALLY Open. I am shipping my PX4 Slide in to hopefully get the front sight replaced. 12 week wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    Beretta’s repair center in MD in FINALLY Open. I am shipping my PX4 Slide in to hopefully get the front sight replaced. 12 week wait though.
    Three months for a new front sight? Is there some reason Beretta has to do it? Also, didn't realize they kept any of their Maryland presence after the Tennessee move...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Three months for a new front sight? Is there some reason Beretta has to do it? Also, didn't realize they kept any of their Maryland presence after the Tennessee move...
    I guess repairs are still being done in MD. They wouldn’t send me the sight or sell me the front sight. They said the slide has to be sent in. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Remove the sear. The sear spring isn’t needed anymore, either, except that it serves to retain the cross pin in the frame. The DAO models use a different “sear spring” for that purpose, which is available at retail. Both my PX4 compacts that I converted to DAO needed the new spring to keep the pin from walking out.
    I removed the sear and spring today and ran 75 rounds of my practice hand loads through it. I think I'm going to like it. It already had a TJIB with the 11# spring. I'm an old revolver guy, so it felt good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post

I would also then consider the firing pin block plunger and firing pin to be wear items.
    For a DOA modified, What would your recommended replacement cycle be for the firing pin block plunger and firing pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where oh wear?

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    For a DOA modified, What would your recommended replacement cycle be for the firing pin block plunger and firing pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have 115,100 rounds on my firing pin and firing pin block plunger on my PX4 45 G. I just had it apart a couple of days ago for a routine cleaning and those parts still look good.
    However, on a type D it absorbs the impact, as we previously discussed.

When Beretta was selling the type D for Police use they recommended to those departments that all the parts be replaced every 5,000 rounds. There was probably some legality to not wanting a pistol in harm's way to fail.
    Beretta also recommends changing small parts for regular folks in regular use every 20,000 rounds.

Since I have never been able to run into someone that has put 20k, 30k or 50k rounds on a type D we would be speculating.

What I would do, is to take the slide apart every 5,000 rounds for routine cleaning, which is what I do on my PX4s anyway. I would watch for rounding of the edges of the contact surfaces and for unusual wear. Upon reassembling I would then test by pushing on the firing pin from behind with a pen or a punch while the firing pin block plunger is engaged. If all goes well, I would then change the firing pin block plunger and firing pin (which are inexpensive items) every 20,000 rounds to match the Beretta recommendation for PX4s. I would also change the firing pin plunger at 20K. It is not designed to take a non-spring absorbed impact that many times.

This seems like a wordy way to just give a recommendation, but if I give you the reasoning for my recommendation you might be able to come up with a better plan.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 06-08-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Just ordered a px4 compact carry from ltt. Already have a 92 centurion with the np3 coating that i love. I was wondering if anyone tried to get their cheap 92 mags to work inside the px4? I saw an old post on another forum that said all he had to do was file down the top of the cut out slots on the slide a hair to get them to work with the px4, but the poster never stated if this effected the mags still working in the 92. If no one responds when i get the gun ill try it on an old magazine for the hell of it to see if it will make life easier not having to worry about buying new mags or mixing them up.

User Tag List