Page 78 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Maybe we can all get in on some type of group buy too. I almost got a stock model to modify when Grab A Gun was running a special, but decided to wait. Now kind of wishing I hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    Was the NRA show sample the same as the Shot show sample ? Or was it a new one ? Hoping they are still on track for end of summer ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The NRA show samples where the exact same guns as SHOT Show. Everything should remain the same except the front sight will be just slightly thinner and the rear sight will have a slightly wider notch and just a little taller to raise the POI about 2 inches at 20 yards. Just slight tweaks from the prototypes that where built.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Maybe we can all get in on some type of group buy too. I almost got a stock model to modify when Grab A Gun was running a special, but decided to wait. Now kind of wishing I hadn't.
    YES to this ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping they have an option for the spurless hammer EL posted previously. That would be perfect package.

So it's been a couple months since I made the g conversion and so far it's working out well. I went ahead and mounted a streamlight tlr3 on it and although it's probably a little underpowered, it's a good fit overall. For work, I carry it in a dara custom retention holster, and off duty, I just started using a jm 2.5 which is honestly changing the way I look at soft loops, (long story short, I was not a fan initially ). I also just installed a d spring and although I haven't had the chance to shoot it, dryfiring seems promising.

My question is regarding the use of the stealth levers. Someone mentioned earlier mentioned having a tricky time manipulating the decocker one handed. Speaking from experience, I know now that it helps if they take the plunger spring out . Assuming that it's assembled properly, the two methods I've found works best is to a)cant the gun slightly towards you almost as if you were reloading and bring the gun close to your chest for better leverage, or b) bringing your support hand down over the top of the slide and cycling the safety almost as if you were about to send the slide forward.

B for me seems a little more intuitive, but I still practice a in case I'm down to one hand for whatever reason. I was wondering if anyone had come up with any other ways of decocking.

Name:  FB_IMG_1460494627689.jpg
Views: 1119
Size:  33.7 KB

Perhaps I am not understanding, but did you write that you are carrying a gun for work that has a new part (the mainspring) that has not been validated on the range?

I realize that it's not ideal, but my schedule is busy enough that I haven't had time. Functionally, it seems to be running along as normal, I realize light strikes are still a potential issue, but I considered the risk to be neglible.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I made a spurless hammer out of a regular 92 hammer. The C model hammer would not have the notches in the right places for a DA/SA gun.
    Will a bobbed D hammer (with DA and SA notches) work for the PX4?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

just wanted to say "thank you" to Mr. Langdon. as noted above, i had installed the stealth levers and converted my Px4 compact to a G model that is now IDPA BUG legal. shot the IDPA Classifier yesterday with it, and missed BUG expert by 2.57 seconds. had a missed head shot (2.5 sec penalty) and had a jam (dirty magazine) that cost me about 5 seconds. so close. i'll get it next time. it's also my daily carry, great little gun.

so thanks for turning me onto the various factory parts that made this possible.

Details on the dirty magazine?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List