Page 411 of 431 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I have seen some very well done stippling on a PX4 so that would be an option. I agree it seems it wouldn't be too hard for Beretta to do themselves but that is what it is. Then if they could take some weight out of it, they would really have something. I bought a PX4c hoping my wife would use it to carry instead of her Glock 19. But for some reason it always shoots to the right for her. So I thought I'd replace my M&Pc, but it is heavier than that too. So it sits in the safe.

Site Supporter
    For whatever reason, maybe the dot? I shoot the PX4CC dramatically better than I shoot the 92.
    Here are some runs of the test I did a few nights ago, nothing but low left with the 92.
    Name:  0CC0A022-E35B-4C61-AAC9-5E8CCF48F430.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  40.3 KBName:  EBFFCBAC-C61A-47CD-ABE6-29E97C9EB388.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  80.7 KBName:  590C0EA3-C9B7-409A-94D6-F9FD5CC4D1B8.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  41.6 KBName:  4D544360-0F3F-4A04-B498-C0675B679CDF.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  81.6 KB

Intermittent different trigger reset point

I just bought a NIB Beretta PX4 Compact Carry base model from my LGS last night. Never been disassembled other than field stripping it when I got home to checkout the internals.

I’ve noticed while dry firing and checking the trigger reset that the trigger is sometimes resetting at at 2 different points intermittently.

Most of the time the trigger resets and then I have a decent amount of take up until I hit the wall. However, sometimes the trigger will reset almost immediately like a Glock trigger and the amount of take up is significantly reduced.

I’ve done a Google search and a few people have had this issue with their NIB guns PX4. One guy even sent his back to Beretta and was supposedly told that ass long as the gun fires it’s ok.

Does anyone else’s PX4 do this?

Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Dcowboyscr View Post
    I just bought a NIB Beretta PX4 Compact Carry base model from my LGS last night. Never been disassembled other than field stripping it when I got home to checkout the internals.

I’ve noticed while dry firing and checking the trigger reset that the trigger is sometimes resetting at at 2 different points intermittently.

Most of the time the trigger resets and then I have a decent amount of take up until I hit the wall. However, sometimes the trigger will reset almost immediately like a Glock trigger and the amount of take up is significantly reduced.

I’ve done a Google search and a few people have had this issue with their NIB guns PX4. One guy even sent his back to Beretta and was supposedly told that ass long as the gun fires it’s ok.

Does anyone else’s PX4 do this?
    This occasional problem with PX4 Compact models is usually caused by either debris or a lack of lubrication on the side of the trigger bar or a lack of free movement of the firing pin block plunger lever.

What is happening is that sometimes the trigger bar is captured by the bottom leg of the firing pin block plunger lever and sometimes it is not getting hung up.

It is supposed to get hung up to make sure that the firing pin block plunger is completely re-engaged while the slide cycles.

Making sure that there is a little lubrication between the trigger bar and the frame and free movement of the firing pin block plunger lever is a good place to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    This occasional problem with PX4 Compact models is usually caused by either debris or a lack of lubrication on the side of the trigger bar or a lack of free movement of the firing pin block plunger lever.

What is happening is that sometimes the trigger bar is captured by the bottom leg of the firing pin block plunger lever and sometimes it is not getting hung up.

It is supposed to get hung up to make sure that the firing pin block plunger is completely re-engaged while the slide cycles.

Making sure that there is a little lubrication between the trigger bar and the frame and free movement of the firing pin block plunger lever is a good place to start looking.
    Thanks for the reply I’ll check that out. I’m getting ready to lube it up for its first range trip today. I have noticed if I dry fire and reset the trigger holding the gun horizontally it short resets far more left side up(side the slide release is on-Compact Carry) than when it’s right side up.

Which is the normal reset on a stock Compact Carry short of long?

And when I say short or long reset I mean I can feel the sear resetting at different points

Thanks for the reply I’ll check that out. I’m getting ready to lube it up for its first range trip today. I have noticed if I dry fire and reset the trigger holding the gun horizontally it short resets far more left side up(side the slide release is on-Compact Carry) than when it’s right side up.

Which is the normal reset on a stock Compact Carry short of long?

And when I say short or long reset I mean I can feel the sear resetting at different points
    The longer reset is the stock setting. The fact that it varies when it is held horizontally left or right is a strong indicator that the firing pin block plunger lever may not be held in place by the spacer tightly enough. It is also possible that the hammer unit body is not fitting as tightly as it should.

Do you notice much side to side wiggle in the firing pin block plunger lever or the hammer unit body frame?

The sear always resets at the same spot. The shorter reset point is resetting at the reset of the sear. The longer reset is waiting for the firing pin block plunger lever to be cleared to allow the trigger bar to pop up.

If you look on the top of your slide, just forward of your rear sight, you can see the firing pin block plunger go up and down with the trigger pull. I would bet that on your short resets it does not go all the way down during cycling.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 09-23-2021 at 12:10 PM.

The longer reset is the stock setting. The fact that it varies when it is held horizontally left or right is a strong indicator that the firing pin block plunger lever may not be held in place by the spacer tightly enough. It is also possible that the hammer unit body is not fitting as tightly as it should.

Do you notice much side to side wiggle in the firing pin block plunger lever or the hammer unit body frame?
    Ok yes I notice when the short reset happens the firing pin safety it fully up. If I dry fire and hold the trigger to the rear and cycle the slide sometimes the firing pin safety is completely in the up position. Internally the fire control assembly seems tight. The lever that hits the firing pin safety has some play but not a lot

Ok yes I notice when the short reset happens the firing pin safety it fully up. If I dry fire and hold the trigger to the rear and cycle the slide sometimes the firing pin safety is completely in the up position. Internally the fire control assembly seems tight. The lever that hits the firing pin safety has some play but not a lot
    Perhaps a little oil between the trigger bar and the frame and some shooting today will change your results!

Perhaps a little oil between the trigger bar and the frame and some shooting today will change your results!
    I hope so. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Also just noticed that on the times I dry fire, hold the trigger to the rear and cycle the slide and the firing pin safety is fully up giving me the abnormally short reset, I tried pressing on the fully up firing pin safety while still holding the trigger and it wouldn’t move then another time identical scenario anc it went down when pushed.

User Tag List