Page 408 of 431 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Has anyone had issues with failures to feed on these?

I recently got a PX4C RDO, and it’s a great shooting gun but it is really easy to induce a failure to feed, especially when shooting SHO. Even freshly cleaned and lubed, it’s got a very pronounced hangup when chambering a round if anything at all is slowing the slide down. I’m pretty new to guns, and coming into the px4 from glocks which are in my experience pretty laissez faire about lubrication, so I’m sure that at least part of the issue I’m having is related to that. It almost seems like the angle of the feed ramp is too steep, but I think it’s more likely that I’m missing something rather than that beretta got something wrong at the factory. However, it’s because of QC problems at the beretta factory that I have the PX4 instead of the LTT compact I initially ordered, so who knows.
    I had some teething issues with my px4cc when first got it. Mine is a base model bought from Robar when the first came out. I had failures to feed at first as well. I accepted it as a break in period and continued to shoot it but I also looked into possible causes. First off I noticed a burr on the plastic near the top of the feed ramp. I cleaned it up gently with some emery cloth as noted in this pic: Name:  3BA57B90-4F19-44D6-8664-991DF5565D03.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  48.1 KB

The second thing I did was disassemble all of my magazine and cleaned them with dawn dish soap. I remember reading I think somewhere in this thread that there can be some gummy residue left from the factory in the mag body. Sure enough they needed cleaned. After letting them dry out I sprayed the inside of the magazine with dry Teflon lubricant, I’m not sure it was necessary but I didn’t see how it could hurt.

Thirdly, I noticed that my thumb position while shooting was causing some drag on the slide. I adapted my grip slightly to avoid touching the slide.

I have not had any failures to feed since doing these three things. I will also note that my px4cc does not like steel case ammo at all, it will jam in the magazine consistently. I rarely shoot steel case ammo anyway so this is not as issue for me. Hope this helps, a new gun that doesn’t run well is frustrating. Let me know if you have any questions about any of the above.

One of my Px4CCs was very sensitive and would fail to feed by not fully returning to battery sometimes. I replaced the recoil spring assembly and it didn't happen with the new one.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I only have one PX4cc - it was the tricked out one from Robar when they first came out. I have 8,500 rounds through it. My first malfunction was at 6,700 some odd - it was a FTF. The second was in that same range visit with a FTE. I took it as a sign to clean it for the first time … and called it a successful 2000 round challenge. I wanted to push it a little more… so shot it to 7,000 with one more failure (FTF). Have cleaned it and been good to go. It is due for a new recoil spring, I know. Also, mine has been fine with the steel case crap ammo (occasional range trip with buddies) but it is worth noting my mags are NP3 coated. YMMV. One data point. Yada, Yada, Yada…

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    I only have one PX4cc - it was the tricked out one from Robar when they first came out. I have 8,500 rounds through it. My first malfunction was at 6,700 some odd - it was a FTF. The second was in that same range visit with a FTE. I took it as a sign to clean it for the first time … and called it a successful 2000 round challenge. I wanted to push it a little more… so shot it to 7,000 with one more failure (FTF). Have cleaned it and been good to go. It is due for a new recoil spring, I know. Also, mine has been fine with the steel case crap ammo (occasional range trip with buddies) but it is worth noting my mags are NP3 coated. YMMV. One data point. Yada, Yada, Yada…

Josh

I think the NP3 coating makes a big difference with the mags. Eventually I plan to but some NP3 mags from Langdon to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    I think the NP3 coating makes a big difference with the mags. Eventually I plan to but some NP3 mags from Langdon to try out.
    I have been really pleased with the NP3. My understanding is that it is a coating not currently available for the end user… meaning there is not a way to send things to be coated by Robar any longer. Is that true?

Site Supporter
    I should note that both the gun and the mags I used are NP3 coated, I chose that option hoping that it would be a little more forgiving of less than frequent lubing.

There have been some great suggestions here, I’m going to take it out one more time and see if the FTF issues persist with fresh lube, then I’ll likely contact LTT either way and send the gun back to them if they deem it necessary.

Is the full size too big to carry? Im looking for something G19 or slightly bigger

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Is the full size too big to carry? Im looking for something G19 or slightly bigger
    I've got mine (PX4 D) on now, going out to Sunday dinner with it. The slide is about the same as a G19, while the grip is about the same as a G17.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've got mine (PX4 D) on now, going out to Sunday dinner with it. The slide is about the same as a G19, while the grip is about the same as a G17.

Thanks! Im kinda torn between the PX4 and CZ P-07

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    Thanks! Im kinda torn between the PX4 and CZ P-07
    You'd be good with either.

User Tag List