Page 398 of 431 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    They turn up on eBay periodically, as well as EveryGunPart.com at times.

EDIT: There's a compact 9mm slide on eBay right now for $125. It'd need a barrel and cam block, of course, but the slide is a start.

EDIT 2: MGW has the compact cam block and adapter in stock. That just leaves the barrel.
    I must have missed it. Don’t see it now. I’d be all over that one. Keep one slide standard with the Ameriglo and another RDO.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    They turn up on eBay periodically, as well as EveryGunPart.com at times.

EDIT: There's a compact 9mm slide on eBay right now for $125. It'd need a barrel and cam block, of course, but the slide is a start.

EDIT 2: MGW has the compact cam block and adapter in stock. That just leaves the barrel.
    Thank you! Much appreciated. Looks like I’ll have a slide heading to LTT very soon and am dang happy about it.

I didn't see it posted here but Langdon and others have PX4 in stock again.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    We'll see how this works out, the slide is on its way to Ernest. If nothing else, I'll be the geezer with the coolest carry gun for miles around.
    Seriously? Did you send it? Are we allowed to do that? Ernest, green lamp lit?

Just got a spare slide from EBay, on a tip from BJV, that is waiting for the GEN2 RMR solution and a set of Fuglys.

I’m feeling like I’m a few steps short of the EDC Promised Land. Finally, that EDC, that has all of the boxes checked with zero compromise.

Standing by to stand by with enthusiasm.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Seriously? Did you send it? Are we allowed to do that? Ernest, green lamp lit?

Just got a spare slide from EBay, on a tip from BJV, that is waiting for the GEN2 RMR solution and a set of Fuglys.

I’m feeling like I’m a few steps short of the EDC Promised Land. Finally, that EDC, that has all of the boxes checked with zero compromise.

Standing by to stand by with enthusiasm.
    I did send it in, but it's a full-size slide, not a compact. Looks like he's still working on the compact version.

I did send it in, but it's a full-size slide, not a compact. Looks like he's still working on the compact version.
    Oh, dang. I really need to work on my reading comprehension skills. Thanks

Site Supporter
    I just got an email from LTT, they have my slide and are quoting a 6-12 week turnaround. I already have a Holosun 507c inbound, need to order a holster.

I just put the OP trigger bar into my Compact Carry, and have an issue. With the frame fully assembled, the hammer drops when pulling the trigger in SA. With the slide on the frame, with the hammer cocked, I have to pull the trigger all the way, let it forward to reset, then the hammer will drop in SA. DA seems to work fine, and if I rack the slide with the trigger back , then let off to reset, it seems to function correctly.

Should mention, put in a spur less hammer at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

Quote Originally Posted by bovw View Post
    I just put the OP trigger bar into my Compact Carry, and have an issue. With the frame fully assembled, the hammer drops when pulling the trigger in SA. With the slide on the frame, with the hammer cocked, I have to pull the trigger all the way, let it forward to reset, then the hammer will drop in SA. DA seems to work fine, and if I rack the slide with the trigger back , then let off to reset, it seems to function correctly.

Should mention, put in a spur less hammer at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The first things that I would look at in that circumstance would be: firstly, is the trigger bar spring in its place under the trigger bar?

Next, I would make sure there is lubrication and free movement between the trigger bar and the frame.

The difference the slide would make, being in place is to push down on the trigger bar and also to put pressure on the firing pin block plunger lever. I would check for free movement up and down on the trigger bar when the slide is not on there.

I have heard of cases where the OP trigger bar from LTT was misshapen. Of course, they stood behind their product and sent out a new one.

I would also look on the right side of the cam block housing to see that the trigger bar is able to go all the way forward enough when the trigger is pulled back. This is where the overtravel control is done by enlarging the front of the trigger bar.

The second question that I would ask is, did you burnish the new hammer with three or four push offs in single action?
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 04-07-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    The first things that I would look at in that circumstance would be: firstly, is the trigger bar spring in its place under the trigger bar?

Next, I would make sure there is lubrication and free movement between the trigger bar and the frame.

The difference the slide would make, being in place is to push down on the trigger bar and also to put pressure on the firing pin block plunger lever. I would check for free movement up and down on the trigger bar when the slide is not on there.

I have heard of cases where the OP trigger bar from LTT was misshapen. Of course, they stood behind their product and sent out a new one.

I would also look on the right side of the cam block housing to see that the trigger bar is able to go all the way forward enough when the trigger is pulled back. This is where the overtravel control is done by enlarging the front of the trigger bar.

The second question that I would ask is, did you burnish the new hammer with three or four push offs in single action?
    Yes, I did check the trigger bar spring, it seemed to be in place. I did burnish the hammer as well. Last night I decide to take it back down and start over. The trigger bar must not have been completely in place, had a heck of a time getting the parts out of the frame. When I put it all back together, it functions as it should. Now I’m waiting for a hammer pin retaining spring, I broke it....

User Tag List