Page 379 of 431 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Wanted to throw out a Hail Mary post out here looking for a miracle...I'm basically looking for what was sold here: a 100mm/3.8- or 3.9-ish-inch extended barrel for the Px4 Compact. I know, I know, it's likely unobtanium by now, and whoever's got it is probably keeping it/wearing it out - the most I've ever seen for availability on it has been a listing on Brownell's on permanent backorder. Funnily, I tried to also inquire about a backorder from OpticsPlanet for the same barrel - this led to them deleting the entire listing for from their store!

So without soliciting for a transaction, where would I find something like this for my Px4CC? Or, to be more realistic about it, what's the best way for me to get something similar custom made? I know for a fact that fullsize Px4 barrels won't work because material would have to be added onto the barrel, not just removed
    On rare occasion, the last ones I saw were sold on Ebay, and I would check Gunbroker. I signed up for a back in stock notification, a week before Beretta removed it from their website.

I've struck gold! The backorder I made for the barrel is supposed to ship out sometime in mid-August, according to Brownell's. Hopefully the world stays in one piece until then!

Where I ordered: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod131832.aspx

Might be worth it for someone else to inquire about whether or not some of the other rare stuff is coming too, like the 9mm extended barrel for the fullsize, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    On rare occasion, the last ones I saw were sold on Ebay, and I would check Gunbroker. I signed up for a back in stock notification, a week before Beretta removed it from their website.
    Speaking of barrel length, given the 92 series, I wonder why Beretta didn't allow the PX4 Compact's barrel to protrude much beyond the muzzle of the slide. It would have only required an additional 0.16" to extend the 3.27" barrel to that of a G26 (3.43").

Name:  IMG_2121.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  55.4 KB

If fact, aethetically, they could have even added .23" for an even 3.5" or even longer in my opinion. How much further past the slide of a 92 does the barrel protrude?

Name:  IMG_2103.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  76.1 KB

I can't say 0.16" or 0.23" makes a difference, but at some point a difference can be discerned, so where do we ever draw that line exactly? For psychological purposes alone I would think obtaining at least the barrel length of a G26 would have instilled more confidence. Many people, myself included, can be just as accurate and effective with a G26 as a G19, so that would have been the threshold for me if I was involved in the PX4 Compact's design.

They knew the rotary barrel cost them some barrel length that might be a hard sell for some folks, but they also knew the 92 had been considered excessively long for 9mm by some people like Jeff Cooper for a long time as well. Was Beretta that confident that 3.27" was just as good for a pistol still closer to a G19 in size than a G26? Even the G43 has a longer barrel (3.41"). I doubt it. Since then pistols like the APX Compact and APX Centurion are 3.7" long. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want more barrel than I needed, and I certainly think Langdon was wise to shave 0.2" off a full size 92, but when deciding on the PX4 Storm Compact, I'm surprised they didn't go with something a little longer. In fact, I would have been fine with increasing the slide length 0.16" to 0.23" to give a little more barrel length that wouldn't protrude.

Again, I can't say there is an appreciable difference in the real world, but I also can't see how an extra 0.16" or 0.23" would have made the gun any less appealing, especially for those carrying appendix because going too short can actually be a detriment in my experience (which is why I use a wedge carrying my PX4 Storm Compact).
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Speaking of barrel length, given the 92 series, I wonder why Beretta didn't allow the PX4 Compact's barrel to protrude much beyond the muzzle of the slide. It would have only required an additional 0.16" to extend the 3.27" barrel to that of a G26 (3.43").
    I would imagine that the little barrel stub would have been criticized in a market of mostly “flush fit” pistols; even the BARFCOM folks still nitpick the Glock “pig nose”. There could also be a argument that the stub makes bolstering a little more difficult when the slide isn’t beveled like the 92. No experience there as I’ve never had my single G17 with a threaded barrel present an issue.

Such a minute increase is irrelevant for ballistics and accuracy.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    I've struck gold! The backorder I made for the barrel is supposed to ship out sometime in mid-August, according to Brownell's. Hopefully the world stays in one piece until then!

Where I ordered: https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod131832.aspx

Might be worth it for someone else to inquire about whether or not some of the other rare stuff is coming too, like the 9mm extended barrel for the fullsize, for example.
    Oof...at 2/3rds the cost of what I have into the gun itself, as much as I'd like that barrel, I'm not sure that juice is worth the squeeze..

My views on the barrel length, without being in on the design.

Makes less sense on the compact or subcompact for concealment.
    The only silencer design that worked with them, never came to market (remembering something about the patent/rights, being bought up by some company, via discussion on Beretta forum).

Makes more sense on the full size, especially if you look through PX4 storm trackers, .45 post (ammo dirtying up the front sight).

Front sight social distancing

...Makes more sense on the full size, especially if you look through PX4 storm trackers, .45 post (ammo dirtying up the front sight).
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-usage/page10 post 98

I, too, do quite like the idea of distributing the muzzle blast further away from the slide itself - there's much more to extended barrels than just the option for threading a dubiously-attached compensator!

Quote Originally Posted by obremski View Post
    Oof...at 2/3rds the cost of what I have into the gun itself, as much as I'd like that barrel, I'm not sure that juice is worth the squeeze..
    Wow, please send pics one day after yours arrive. I just wish they were $100-$150 cheaper though, especially if I was to have it shortened and crowned. If I measured correctly, it will extend out beyond the existing barrel something like this, right? Does the rotating barrel design work well with a can? I thought I had heard the .45 version was supposed to be threaded for the military. It actually doesn't look all that different from the Px4 Storm SD Type F though we are looking at a compact vs a full-size. Instead of a difference of roughly .668", the SD .45's barrel is .4" longer than the standard (4.1" vs. 4.5").

Name:  IMG_2129.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 10.18.35 PM.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  29.8 KB
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

My views on the barrel length, without being in on the design.

Makes less sense on the compact or subcompact for concealment.
    The only silencer design that worked with them, never came to market (remembering something about the patent/rights, being bought up by some company, via discussion on Beretta forum).

Makes more sense on the full size, especially if you look through PX4 storm trackers, .45 post (ammo dirtying up the front sight).
    I agree to a point (e.g. extending the barrel .668"), but many holsters can certainly accommodate an extra .2"-.4" or more just the way they are. In which case a 3.6" or 3.7" would oftentimes make no appreciable difference concealing in my opinion. My Dara holster, however, leaves absolutely no room, but many other holsters I have would be unaffected by a modest bump in barrel length.

User Tag List