Page 172 of 431 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

So....hammerbite is a thing for me, too. I ran some reload drills and had a nice welt.

OEM or aftermarket beavertail would be cool...

I get hammerbite from the first round also. I put a thin piece of moleskin on the web of my hand, 350 rounds later no blood or marks.
    Not as elegant as a spurless hammer but it allows me to practice with the CC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

For those, who like me, are experiencing hammer bite, may I ask if it happens with the Talon grip applied or with the gun bare? My first session was without the Talon grip, and I got bit. My next session was with the Talon grip installed, and I had no issues with hammer bite (but my trigger reach is a bit different). My particular root cause of hammer bite was my grip slipping due to not enough traction on the slick OEM frame for the way my small hands grip the gun. Under recoil, my hand would slip upward on the gun.

If I send my PX4CC pistols back to Robar for the NP3 Plus on the rest of the metal bits, I may have them stipple/texture the grip frame in the same manner as done to Glock pistols I have from Robar. That would solve my issue without increasing the circumference of the grip frame.

Once I cleaned the magazines, I have experienced no failures to feed or any other failures with the PX4CC other than a few WWB that would not fire. Good primer strikes, but no bang. Learned something from that as I never cleaned magazines before shooting a gun the first time.
    Last edited by farscott; 02-22-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Mine was with the Talon grip installed. My first outing was strictly informal and just to reacquaint myself with a TDA so I was very focused on proper grip in a 0% stress environment and thus no hammer bite.

My second outing was just to try reloads and my first round after a reload began the bite.

I may stipple the upper portion of the large backstrap to see if that helps alleviate the issue and also keep the warranty intact for the next three years. However, I am still way to early in this game to make changes just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

I have shot the pistol with and without stippling and see no differance.

I know where a brand new Langdon PX4 is for sale. Virginia Arms.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I know where a brand new Langdon PX4 is for sale. Virginia Arms.
    Please do not tempt me. I bought a few, traded one of them for a HK45C that a member listed here, and I want a replacement.

Spurless Hammer

So the hold up on the Spurless Hammer is getting hammers. I ordered a bunch of them to make a batch for the guys here on the list. The hammers are still not here. As soon as I get them it should take less than a week to get done.

In the mean time, I will set up an order link on my webpage to buy them.

Ernest
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Spurless Hammer for PX4 Compact

OK, I just put up the link for the Spurless Hammer. I plan to build a small batch next week.

http://www.langdontactical.com/Products.html
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    OK, I just put up the link for the Spurless Hammer. I plan to build a small batch next week.

http://www.langdontactical.com/Products.html
    Dude, how is that for quick[emoji41] .
    Hopefully you will put up a video so we can actually get it installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

User Tag List