Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

VP9 updates?

Well, after an immediate flurry of reporting on the VP9, things have gotten pretty quiet regarding HKs new wundergun.

Anyone out there approaching significant round counts/and or course completions with the VP9 and willing to share insight?

Thanks!

A friend bought one that had trigger issues and sent it back to HK two weeks ago. He took it to the range once after HK agreed to the dealer sending it back.
    I would like to hear more about the HK VP9 and the SIG P320.

I own two, nothing significant through either. 1200 rounds of mixed 124gr through the primary and 300 mixed 124gr through the secondary - no issues. The VP9 will be my fun and games gun, I'm sticking with my P30 for all social purposes.

Nothing to report on mine through ~1000 rounds, which isn't significant usage. No failures, etc. of any kind.

I did need to change my grip to make sure the slide locks to the rear after the last round is fired. I'm left-handed and the right side slide release lever is in a bad spot (for me). I have to wrap my shooting hand thumb around the top of my support hand to prevent it from contacting the slide stop if my grip shifts even slightly during recoil.

Site Supporter
    Mine and Darryl's are both well past 1000 rounds in each with nary a single stoppage of any type. Very accurate and good triggers. Looking forward to adding another one as a spare...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Anyone else seen the occurrence of the trigger on some specimens missing their reset in dry fire manipulations as demonstrated here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-q6IHMGqI

LAV commented on another forum that he did see that in the copy he T&E'd (didn't mention it in his reviews) but when it did NOT manifest during live fire it did not concern him. OTOH many new users report they cannot replicate this on a bet.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    The VP9 will be my fun and games gun, I'm sticking with my P30 for all social purposes.
    Same here.

What is this world coming to -- Darryl and Wayne like the VP9, but others want to game the VP9 but carry the street trigger HK models. While I have shot the VP9 plenty, I haven't carried it once. Next, Darryl will probably get a USPSA game rig and start shooting Production, while I routinely leave my timer at home to practice shooting just dots.

Kidding aside, I think the VP9 is a neat pistol, and good enough stock that I would recommend it over most striker pistols to a new buyer not invested in a platform already. That said, not enough better to get someone heavily invested in Glock, like Origami or my wife, to switch. Compared to Beretta and CZ, I just can't get interested enough in ANY striker pistol to make me want to shoot and carry one over a good DA/SA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

This post likely means less then nothing compared to the esteemed shooters here, but perhaps a laypersons view might be of use .

At my last trip to the city gun range, a shooter next to me was wringing out his brand new VP9. After accepting his offered invite to shoot a mag through it, here's my thoughts.

The trigger is superior to the P30 in every respect.
    The grip,IMO, is superior to the former pistol.The stippling on the VP9 doesn't chew my hands or skin up the same way the P30s do. A personal quibble perhaps, but carrying a P30 IWB was miserable for me for that reason.
    Recoil-very shootable, as better shooters then me have said already at length .

Will I buy one?Nope.

If I had to buy a brand new striker fired gun or face a firing squad, that's the one I'd get-but so long as I don't have a railed 1911 in the safe or a spare 10mm pistol , so it will go for the HK. And a striker fired ' pleasure' gun to me makes as much sense as owning an F150 pickup or kicks.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I'm stuck with the P30 V1 because 1. My department issues it and 2. I carry AIWB and flat out refuse to carry a SFA pistol in that mode.

User Tag List