Page 268 of 431 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

They are pretty close. HK has a little longer barrel and slide. Grip identical.
    Thank you, sir! Exactly what is what I was looking for.

The P2000 with the Large backstrap feels almost identical to a G3 G19. Grip angle is a little different but the hump hits the hand nearly the same. The M grip feels more like how a G4 feels without the backstrap. Good guns, excellent quality but I didn't shoot the P2K nearly as well as I do the PX4 CC. So I sold them.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Can you also make a comparison with the G19?

One thing that has kept me from trying the PX4 Compact is my worry that it might be smaller in the grip that the Glock which every so often pinches me on the reload.
    There are comparison photos on the very first post of this thread between the PX4 Compact and the Glock 19.

The Glock 19 also pinches me on reloads, the PX4 does not.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    There are comparison photos on the very first post of this thread between the PX4 Compact and the Glock 19.

The Glock 19 also pinches me on reloads, the PX4 does not.
    Thanks Ernest, I had completely forgotten about them.

Hmm, the hand looks like it would get a little lower on the gun than the G19 but the grip is a little longer too.

I'll have to try and find one at the LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    From memory the grip is nearly identical to a 19 except for the little lip in back which the 19 does not have. Can get photos later if that helps. Sounds like you need to handle one.
    No need to give you more work as Ernest pointed me to the pics :-)

You're right, at this point there is no substitute for "hands on".
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Went to the range over the weekend and, along with bringing a Vertec Inox and G34, rented a PX4 Compact. I am not the shooter many on this board are and usually shoot slow deliberate shots for groups at the range. No range that I know of allows for fast pace firing, so aside from a quick double tab or 2 before the range office comes over and a kind word to slow it down, sorry to say, nothing about splits or timed shooting events.

PX4 Compact - The double action trigger was really nice. Lighter in weight than I was expecting. Everything about it was smooth,.... trigger, action, controls, grip. I'd read it before in this thread, but the grip really needs something to make it "grippy", stippling, skateboard tape, etc. Put about 125 rounds through it with no issues, outside of needing time with it to learn it. By the end of the session, my slow speed, offhand shooting at 10 yards improved a lot and I know with some live and dry fire practice, accuracy would come. Half the rounds shot were DA, I'd shoot 1 round and decock. By the end of the range time, groups went from shotgun patterns to about 2" for 5 rounds. I've been gravitating back to DA/SA pistols and with my very limited experience with it, ....I REALLY like this pistol.

Conversely, I'm really not digging the Vertec. I've had the pistol about 2 years or so, and can't get with the grip frame. I've dropped a D spring, Elite hammer and metal trigger into it and just can't gel with it. My wife has a 1994 92FS with all steel parts, D spring and Elite hammer that I really like, but my Vertec....not so much. I live in NJ and have 3 handgun purchaser's permits in process. Along with getting some flavor of PX4 Storm, I'm on the hunt for an M9A1 (either entire pistol or frame only) to marry with the Vertec top. After the shooting session was over, I perused the display cases and had a chance to fondle a PX4 fullsize, M9A3 and 92 Compact (no rail). The PX4 fullsize felt like it was made for my hand and in dry firing it, the sights did not move. I'll probably wind up with the fullsize vs. the compact. The M9A3's trigger was really nice. Very smooth and lighter than any stock 92 series trigger I've had experience with. Ironically, something about the M9A3 gelled with me, unlike my Vertec. The surprise was the 92 Compact. Kind of like a G19 vs G17, my hand seemed to really lock onto the frame vs. the fullsize. I found myself really liking it and may want to explore that road. Living in NJ, CCW isn't a realistic option, so my choices aren't geared as much towards carrying as others. If I did have the option for CCW, the PX4 Compact would easily be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Conversely, I'm really not digging the Vertec. I've had the pistol about 2 years or so, and can't get with the grip frame. I've dropped a D spring, Elite hammer and metal trigger into it and just can't gel with it. My wife has a 1994 92FS with all steel parts, D spring and Elite hammer that I really like, but my Vertec....not so much.
    I know it would be the wrong color but Beretta does sell the M9A3 92fs similator grip. Maybe that would help you out w/ your Vertec.
    http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/wrap...trap/ud5a1517/
    It seems to be more of a rubber than a plastic so I am not sure if it could painted or colored some how or not.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I know it would be the wrong color but Beretta does sell the M9A3 92fs similator grip. Maybe that would help you out w/ your Vertec.
    Yeah, saw that. While I would prefer the grip to be black, it's the size of the grip that gives me pause, plus I'm not really a fan of Hogue grips. I've thought about getting some flashy Vertec grips (G10 maybe?) and sanding down the insides so I could wrap a piece of skate board tape around a plastic piece on the backstrap to mimic the 92 grip frame.
    # RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Yeah, saw that. While I would prefer the grip to be black, it's the size of the grip that gives me pause, plus I'm not really a fan of Hogue grips. I've thought about getting some flashy Vertec grips (G10 maybe?) and sanding down the insides so I could wrap a piece of skate board tape around a plastic piece on the backstrap to mimic the 92 grip frame.
    Or quit messing around, sell me the Vertec frame and buy a regular one....it would make you much happier, trust me....;-). There is a lonely slide and barrel at my house that really wants to mate with your lower....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

[QUOTE=Dagga Boy;641416]Or quit messing around, sell me the Vertec frame and buy a regular one....it would make you much happier, trust me....;

The Vertec frame is looking to get some sun in TX. Check your inbox.

awwww.....it's always great when a gun finds its forever home!

User Tag List