Page 285 of 431 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

On these pistols, can you install the low profile decocker levers but still retain the original decock / safety function? I'd also like to hear how the finish on the slide holds up to wear.

Thanks

no. the low profile decocker levers only come in G format. wider, stock levers are F format.

you could file the F levers down and blue them up with a little bottle of cold blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    On these pistols, can you install the low profile decocker levers but still retain the original decock / safety function? I'd also like to hear how the finish on the slide holds up to wear.

Thanks

Thanks
    The stock Bruntion finish or whatever they call it wears pretty easily and shows every scratch. I've had much less wear from the Cerakote'd slide on the actual PX4 CC. I had holster wear almost immediately with my full size PX4 with the Bruntion finish.
    Shoot more, post less...

Thanks for the info...has it caused any rust problems?

i carry a full size Px4 9mm everyday in a DeSantis Leather holster, and the muzzle extends beyond the leather. it rubs against my jeans, and where it rubs, the finish has worn away on the slide. but i'm in a dry climate, so no rust. if wear concerns you, get a holster that fully protects the pistol.

Thanks for the info...has it caused any rust problems?
    Not that I've seen. Just a bunch of scuffs and scratches.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The stock Bruntion finish or whatever they call it wears pretty easily and shows every scratch. I've had much less wear from the Cerakote'd slide on the actual PX4 CC. I had holster wear almost immediately with my full size PX4 with the Bruntion finish.
    Agreed. My new set of PX4’s are going to CCR for CPII as soon as the gunny is done modding my triggers. Bruniton is “one step above spray paint”. Thankfully CCR does slides for a hundred bucks.

I’ve been doing some bouncing between PX4 compact and 92C. Did some financial analysis of the PX4C compared to the PX4CC.
    I don’t have the ability to rent any of the three so had to base my decision on PF and dry fire at the LGS. Ended up with the PX4CC.
    The trigger still has a heavy pull and comes with the sights and decocker out of the box. Plus three magazines. Will be cleaning it today and with the family out of town the next 8 days- I’ll be hitting the range a bunch.
    Last edited by holmes168; 10-21-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I’ve been doing some bouncing between PX4 compact and 92C. Did some financial analysis of the PX4C compared to the PX4CC.
    I don’t have the ability to rent any of the three so had to base my decision on PF and dry fire at the LGS. Ended up with the PX4CC.
    The trigger still has a heavy pull and comes with the sights and decocker out of the box. Plus three magazines. Will be cleaning it today and with the family out of town the next 8 days- I’ll be hitting the range a bunch.
    Add a Wilson 12# hammer spring and that will lighten up the DA a bit
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Add a Wilson 12# hammer spring and that will lighten up the DA a bit
    The Wilson 12# hammer spring for the 92 made an amazing difference on my standard compact. Although for a factory DA/SA pistol the DA pull was already very smooth and not overly heavy, I could have managed had I left it alone.

I'm very tempted to go get the limit on my credit card extended and order a couple Mod 5's from Robar.

User Tag List