Page 33 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    I did not go back to review the total number of rounds you said you've fired through the PX4 Storm but as I recall, it was several thousand. So I'd like to ask about the recoil spring - I don't recall this as being mentioned in this thread since it wasn't the main topic being discussed. However, since you've shot so many rounds through your two pistols, I'm interested to know if you replaced the recoil spring? And if so, at what interval(s)? And was this done (if, it was done) as purely a preventative measure or had you noticed some "indicator" that it was time to replace the recoil spring?
    So far I have not replaced the recoil spring at all. More than likely I should on the one that has over 11,000 through it now. So far it is still running fine.

By the way, gun #1 has just under 5,000 through it and gun #2 has over 11,000 through it now.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would be the total price of the extra parts you have put into the gun (spring, low profile safety lever, etc) ?

Not sure, Beretta sent me the levers for free. I already had the springs laying around. I think i paid about $140 for the Trijicon HDs. I am pretty sure the stealth lever kit sells for $69 and hammer springs are like $5. So you should be looking at just over $200 for everything.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Not sure, Beretta sent me the levers for free. I already had the springs laying around. I think i paid about $140 for the Trijicon HDs. I am pretty sure the stealth lever kit sells for $69 and hammer springs are like $5. So you should be looking at just over $200 for everything.
    You are really tempting me to buy a PX4 Compact and at least install the stealth levers and springs.

I did buy one ... apparently I am a slave to PF trends . I'll sound like a broken record ,amazingly flat shooting and slower recoil impulse ( less snap) compared to the Glock 19 and CZ P07 . Smooth trigger pull out of the box. At this point my CZ P07 is going down the road.

It's become my main carry gun which was my original motivation for buying it (in 9mm Compact). I haven't changed sights on mine and I haven't done the model 'F' to 'G' conversion.
    Since I originally bought the thing for the decocker/safety, it will stay in the original 'F' model configuration. I did find the safety/decocker a little stiff to operate at first so during a
    couple of NFL games I put a cushion (washcloth) on it and flipped it off and on a couple thousand times, that helped a great deal in breaking it in. Now the safety is easy to flip off with
    my thumb (giving it a manual-of-arms, not unlike a 1911).

I finally got my JM AWIB today for the PX4 Compact, now to run some drills this weekend to see how it compares to my old Galco.
    Next some Trijicons

A few of the parts that were only available in Italy are showing up on the Beretta USA website now.

92 style safety levers
    Special Duty Cam Block with Diamond Like Coating

So you are saying that this would be a gun that people would buy?
    Back to this question... When might we see it, and how much will it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by incogneato View Post
    Back to this question... When might we see it, and how much will it cost?
    Good question for sure. I can tell you that we are working on it and having conversations with Trijicon about a special run of HD sights for this gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Good question for sure. I can tell you that we are working on it and having conversations with Trijicon about a special run of HD sights for this gun.
    Thanks for the info.

While you're here... I also want to thank you for taking time from your schedule to contribute to this forum, and post video tips and drills on the 'net. Your "Fear not the double action trigger" series caused me to try the platform again; many years after having written it off as "not for me". Just last week I learned that the 92G had been re-released and bought one. I could not believe how accurately I could shoot it; double-action, even before installing the D spring! In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I will be picking up my 92G-SD this Saturday (got to have day AND night packages... right?). A Langdon-spec PX4c sounds like just the thing to give me a complete set... all DA/SA, which I thought I would never embrace.

User Tag List