Page 323 of 431 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I'm taking the liberty of dragging this quote over here to see what others are finding.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I get these guns are not optimal for 25 yard group group shooting, but I spent some time shooting 25 yard groups on Saturday afternoon after my match, with the USP C, P07 and Mod 4 PX4C. The Beretta was much harder for me to shoot pleasing 25 yard groups with.

Anyone else shot some 25 yard groups lately with their PX4C?
    I've found the same thing when compared to my P30 or P30SK LEM. I'll try to get some more quantifiable info this weekend.
    David S.

The short slide and round shape that make he PX4CC an amazing AIWB pistol gives away sight radius as a compromise. I can’t really see targets at 25 yards well anymore, so it is not a big deal to me and an easy trade off.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Applying some of these CC upgrades to my long owned PX4 Compact (in the 2000's SN, bought in late 2012). What's old is new again. I went stealth levers just recently after starting to peruse this thread, and also have the Ameriglo sight setup here now working to install. The stealth levers was the first "gunsmith-y" thing I have done before, went off without a hitch but I'm pretty mechanically inclined so lean towards DIY. These sights though, wow.

I got the sight pusher.com / Fisher tool and set to work to pull the rear sights first. I already had the safety/decock lever pulled since I was planning to swap to a Fugly lever. I reefed on that thing as hard as I dared with a big adjustable wrench and gave up. It turned into instead using the tool as a vise so I could whack the sight out with a big drift punch:

Name:  image1-2.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  50.2 KB

Yes like many have said on PF it was kind of a tightly installed item... So for those who might also try this (I do not recommend or endorse my punch technique) this is how the rear part of the slide looks without the sight:

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  62.4 KB

Amazing that I did not hack up the sides of the slide, given I was using a sham-wow for padding for the edges of the slide. I am frankly surprised how tough Beretta's finish actually is.

So taking a step back before tackling the front sight. The more aggressively angled sides make me think the tool will not hold it right. Thinking about "customizing" a 2x4 to cradle the slide while I whack the front out. Open to any suggestions on approaches for installing the rear. No I don't really want to mail it off to Beretta, and heard enough "local gun shop" horror stories on sights I would rather own my own damage to my firearm than pay another. It was sure a lot easier to upgrade the sights on my Nano. :-)

Site Supporter
    I've got two PX4s. Not being a DIY type of guy, I sent the slides off to LTT and had Langdon install the sights. Both returned with the sights perfectly centered in the slide. One needed to be drifted to the right for zero, and it took a 1 lb. hammer and a steel punch to move it; I tried using my brass punch and it just mushroomed.

I took my slide to a local gunshop even though I have a sight pusher. Warned the dude that they sights were super tight, he scoffed and said he's dealt with tight sights. I could here him cussing in the back of the shop. It was funny.

I ended up giving the local shop a try, my flat-sided pusher just could not keep the beveled PX4 slide from twisting under pressure. They did a great job, and even cold-blued a little scratch I had created so you can't see it now. The shop did comment that Berettas were particularly difficult. Time for a range test, bonus that the shop I used is part of a larger range so they said I can test it there and if the rear needs a drift I can bring it back for a complementary adjustment.

Has anyone had any luck finding a weaponlight that fits the px4 compacts? I own a px4 FS and want to add a px4cc to the stable, but would like to be able to mount one of the new compact lights on them.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Has anyone had any luck finding a weaponlight that fits the px4 compacts? I own a px4 FS and want to add a px4cc to the stable, but would like to be able to mount one of the new compact lights on them.
    The Streamlight TLR-3 fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    The last thing I want to do to that nice, small round PX4CC is make it bigger than a full side...especially if I owned a full size. The big reason I ended up getting a full size LTT PX4 was to have one with a light mounted and run the 20 round mags with it. For concealed carry I have always found no benefit to adding the birth of a light with very little gain for a vast majority of folks. A PX4CC and a high quality pocket light is a great combo for most folks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Be sure to check for a holster that will work w/ a light. Many holsters use the front of the trigger guard to retain the pistol. When you add a light that can't always be done so it makes it more difficult to build a holster.

User Tag List