Page 366 of 431 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Anyone else find the sights shoot high, at least with practice ammo?

I checked zero with 147 HSTs, which seemed OK at 25 yards - but I say that without a lot of confidence, because my aging eyes have trouble with indoor range lighting.

After Dot Torture, I tried The Test (10 yards) with 115 Blazer Brass and repeatedly threw shots high for scores in the 70s. (I usually shoot around 90 with a G19.) The groups were good, just high in the scoring rings.

I wondered if I just wasn’t letting the sights settle, or if I was focusing on the top of the orange outline rather than the top of the front blade. So I tried it untimed and shot a 99 - but most of the shots were still in the top half of the bull.

I’m wondering if I need to try some 147 FMJ. I’ve just never had to worry about bullet weights for practice ammo before.
    Last edited by Gun Nerd; 12-27-2019 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Additional information

Site Supporter
    Usually, lighter/faster bullets impact lower than heavier/slower bullets from a given handgun. This is more obvious with revolvers IME, but the effect is still there with autoloaders. Sounds like there's something else going on. It'd be worth trying the Test with heavier bullets, just in case you don't fit into the "usually" thing.

Mine shoots right on out to 20 yards with 115 magtech. I shoot it a little high at 25 but I think it's a problem with not driving the factory front sight in enough.
    Last edited by Tom Fineis; 12-29-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Update - it’s not the sights. Shooting from sandbags, on a target I can actually see, tells the tale. These were 147 HSTs at 25 yards.

I may need some windage adjustment or may just need to master the trigger. Or my astigmatism may be affecting what I see; I’m nearsighted but shooting with uncorrected lenses to see the front sight sharply.

Name:  1DD6AB31-C70F-46EF-B023-E900B7EBA82B.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  30.3 KB

I finished the session shooting some drills with both the PX-4 and the G19. Scores were nearly identical despite only having a couple hundred rounds through the PX-4.

Site Supporter
    @Gun Nerd - If you do need to drift your sights, be advised that when I had to do it, it took a one-pound hammer and a steel punch. Trying it with a brass punch resulted in mushrooming. Those sights are in there tight.

As an update on mag pouches - it turns out the Ready Tac “universal 9/40” pouch works fine: https://cpwsa.com/pistol-accessories...0_rh_see_notes

Although these are for 1.5” belts, I’ve found they don’t flop around too much on a narrower dress belt.

There’s some conflicting fit information on that page with respect to Berettas, but the Comp Tac site shows the PX4 using the same size pouch (#24) as a lot of the guns CPWSA lists under the “universal.”

Also, CPWSA has insanely fast shipping. I got my shipping notification eight minutes after placing the order. The package showed up two days ahead of the scheduled date in the tracking information.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    CAPs are awesome. Ernest’s post is from late 2015 so we’ve had the AmeriGlo offering for a bit. Though I would not mind a round version a tad narrower, I like the setup enough to run with it. Would love a TruGlo TFX Pro front to try as well. Concept works for me. Blacked out rear is my preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Personally, I'm not a big fan of the T-CAP rear sights (I don't like the horizontal stripe, which is why I replaced mine many years ago), but the T-CAP front sight, however, which has been around since at least 2014, is great. I love how it fills in the corners which is not possible with a circular HD sight. Honestly I think the ones I have now on my PX4 Storm Compact are fine, and they may even show up better, and they might have been even less durable if they were as thin as the originals, but I like having the thinnest high contrast front sight possible. I'm a few years older now and pushing 50, so I'm not sure if I'd still like a .125" sight. I do prefer rear serrations and a rear tritium sight. I loved my Agent sights on my G26 and the Bold sights. I prefer a single tritium rear, but the serrations provide even more contrast with the orange HD in my opinion. The only issue I have with my Beretta sights is that Beretta actually installed them for me about six months ago and the tritium is much dimmer than the Ameriglos I just installed on my PC Shield. Much dimmer. I'm not sure if Beretta gave me old stock or if that's how they are compared to other Ameriglo sights, but I don't remember any of mine being this dim.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

I have been shooting my Compact a few months now. Very impressed with it,and
    the trigger has smoothed up nicely too.

Very accurate for it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnw View Post
    I just purchased a px4 Compact used from a local shop. I haggled the price since it’s been in the case for a while, got it for $369, but didn’t really look too hard at it since it appeared unfired at a decent price. When I got it home and looked in the box I saw it has an envelope for talon grips and a coupon for a Langdon course.
    Attachment 39406
    Is this a Langdon edition?

I figured if anyone can confirm this, it would be in this thread.
    Fine!!!!

You drive a hard bargain, but I’ll give you $500 for it.

I’ll PM you my information and FFL info

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    As an update on mag pouches - it turns out the Ready Tac “universal 9/40” pouch works fine: https://cpwsa.com/pistol-accessories...0_rh_see_notes
    Update - of the two pouches I received, one fits fine but the other is too loose. For the moment, I’ve stuck a brown paster on it to mark it for range use only, but I may call CPWSA to see if something got mislabeled.

User Tag List