Page 163 of 431 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I would/could do the sear notch work to anyone that has my trigger work already.

The replacement does taking the firing group out of the gun. I may have to do a video to walk people through that process. It's not difficult, but having done over a 100 trigger jobs on the PX4s now, I may be able to make it easier for you.
    Would it be possible to have the hammer swapped at the same time the control levers and slide are coated in NP3 Plus at Robar?
    Last edited by farscott; 02-13-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Would it be possible to have the hammer swapped at the same time the control levers and slide are coated in NP3 Plus at Robar?
    We hope to get there.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

A few thoughts on the delivery experience, and my impressions after three range sessions with the new pistol.

First, I went to Robar and picked my two pistols up. The folks there are very nice, but it is clear they are a small, custom outfit. 100 pistols for them, is like UPS dealing with Black Friday and the entire Christmas season, all in one week. I am frankly not surprised there are some issues, as they just don't have the manpower to process a bunch of orders this quickly. Maybe Ernest could have doled out the pistols ten a week, and had a smoother shipping process, but I am glad they got as many out as possible quickly. Hopefully everyone has their pistols now.

My experience with custom work, even from the best places, is a large number of firearms need to go back for adjustment. Frankly, I am amazed Ernest was able to crank out so many pistols with trigger jobs, with such a high success rate.

NP3. I really like the Mod 4 pistol package. I believe the NP3 makes the magazines work even better, by slicking the internals up, and guess the few magazines folks are having issues with, are not NP3'd.

Sight regulation. On the first day I shot the pistols, I grouped both at 25 yards. It was a bright, sunny day. Both pistols shot 2.5-3 inch groups at 25 yards, offhand, but four inches or so high. This was with Gold Dot 124 +P, HST 147, and Lawman 147. The next day I shot them, it was cloudy, and the POI was fine in elevation at distance. I think what happened, was the bright sun washed out the edge of the front sight, and caused me to elevate the front sight more than I should. The short sight radius only aggravated this misalignment error. Today, I shot them in bright sun, and once I figured out to be attentive to the edge of that front sight, POI was fine.

Flat shooting. These guns shoot very flat. The cycling characteristics, along with the great trigger, makes drills like Garcia dots (six shots from the draw at 7 yards into a two inch dot in under five seconds) very doable. Frankly amazing for such a small pistol.

Concealment. The rear sight does not cut me or my clothing up. The rear of the slide is very sloped, compared to, for example, the blocky rear of a Glock slide. This makes the pistol conceal well.

Talon grip decal. The Talon decal, as originally applied, completely screwed up my draw, as I couldn't adjust my hand when drawing quickly. Here is what my pistol looks like now after doing surgery on the Talon decal.

Shoots very big for its size. As mentioned above, the PX4C shoots like a much bigger gun, when doing things like the Gabe White test stages at the Turbo level.

Reliability. No stoppages experienced to date in either pistol, with about 500 rounds down range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LTC77406 View Post
    I have both the full sized and compact versions of this pistol using the large backstrap because of my large hands. Never been bitten. Is the CC somehow different that people are having this issue?
    I just grip all my guns pretty high. I have to be conscious of hand placement on my Glocks or I'll get slide bite. I almost get slide bite on the PX4 C, and definitely get hammer bite. Plan to shoot again tomorrow and I'll try playing around with hand placement. I found I'd get hammer bite when I shot straight off the draw, as opposed to picking the gun up, consciously placing my hand a touch lower, and then shooting.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm in for 1 hammer, are these a drop in replacement or is fitting required?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So I see that I am not the only one that had Hammer Bite issues with the compact. From the pictures, mine was never as bad as what some of you are getting. I did not think it would be as common as it seems to be. I have large hands, so I was thinking it would only be people with pretty large hands. My better have has no issues with it on her PX4 Compact.

So I am going to plan to do a short run of hammers to see how they sell. If the sell well enough I will consider having them made, as that will likely be a 100 unit minimum order for Wire EDM hammers. I will Likely need to sell them for about $50 to make it worth doing.

Let me know who all is interested?

Attachment 13911
    I'd be in for at least 3, maybe more.

I will take a couple of those flush fit hammers.

Count me in for two of the flush hammers. I have one mod4 now and another on the way. An option to do the sear notch work would be welcomed as well.

Don't have a PX4 (yet) but is there any source on flush hammers for the 92 series? My google-fu failed me.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Kwilliams View Post
    Count me in for two of the flush hammers. I have one mod4 now and another on the way. An option to do the sear notch work would be welcomed as well.
    Just wondering when you ordered mod 4 number two. I'm still waiting on my 1st mod 4.

User Tag List