Page 216 of 431 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I'm not sure this is possible due to the firing pin block protruding above the slide.
    I have absolutely no idea as to why that is even a thing. Hell, they put one of those in the APX too.

I'm not sure this is possible due to the firing pin block protruding above the slide.
    Milling it down so it is flush with the slide in its disengaged position will take care of that. Didn't look into this closely but I think it will be still functional for its intended purpose,
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I have absolutely no idea as to why that is even a thing. Hell, they put one of those in the APX too.
    Beretta using firing pin blocks like that for couple reasons. One, they are easier to clean and flush out with solvent and compressed air. Having both sides open like that allows the dirt and fouling some place to go. If it was closed off, it is hard to get the crud out. Two, you can easily see that it is working properly, both that it returns to the down/safe position and that it comes up when you are pulling the trigger. Makes for a very solid function check of that part of the gun's safety. Pretty much cannot do that with a captured firing pin block or a SFA gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Milling it down so it is flush with the slide in its disengaged position will take care of that. Didn't look into this closely but I think it will be still functional for its intended purpose,

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The only thing the PX4C gives up in shootability, compared to larger pistols, is sight radius. I do not notice that up close, but do at 25 yards and further. Hope a future variant will take a red dot, which would make the sight radius issue irrelevant.
    My wife and I went out to shoot 5.56 carbines today, and put an eight inch steel at 50 and a mini B/C at 100. I went sitting, and using Gold Dot 124+P, shot two shots at 50 DA. Both were hits. Repeated the same on B/C at 100, and both were hits on the lower 1/3 of the target. Hmmm.

Name:  IMG_5557.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  52.4 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What a thread, talk about lengthy but worth the read. I've been a PX4 fan from the beginning and the Compact was an early favorite. Over the years I've owned every type and model and still yearn for a Type C Compact which was shown but apparently never produced. The PC4 Compact Carry is IMO the pinnacle of PX4 development and I'm sure my fellow owners would agree. I love the look of the grey Cerakote slide but when it starts wearing off and looking nasty I'll send the CC off to Robar for their wonderful NP3 finish. As you can see from my photos my carry PX4 Compact has received the Norton Special treatment, which is the best finish I've ever come across. On the Beretta Forum someone posted a thread about a FDE Compact and I couldn't resist buying one, especially after the $75 rebate.
    Again a great thread and my thanks to Ernest Langdon for bringing the Compact Carry to life.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    What a thread, talk about lengthy but worth the read. I've been a PX4 fan from the beginning and the Compact was an early favorite. Over the years I've owned every type and model and still yearn for a Type C Compact which was shown but apparently never produced. The PC4 Compact Carry is IMO the pinnacle of PX4 development and I'm sure my fellow owners would agree. I love the look of the grey Cerakote slide but when it starts wearing off and looking nasty I'll send the CC off to Robar for their wonderful NP3 finish. As you can see from my photos my carry PX4 Compact has received the Norton Special treatment, which is the best finish I've ever come across. On the Beretta Forum someone posted a thread about a FDE Compact and I couldn't resist buying one, especially after the $75 rebate.
    Again a great thread and my thanks to Ernest Langdon for bringing the Compact Carry to life.
    Good lookin family. That FDE seems to get more cool looking every time I see it.

I still say... compact carry specs in other finishes. Would be awesome.

It is not only possible but very available for all Berettas, and many other models. For full disclosure I am the manufacturer and am not and won't push my product here. This is to specifically address the above question. There is a pocket for the FPB and all is good with that. Google Sight Mount. PM me if you have questions and if this is breaking a rule please just notify me.

Last edited by jdm033056; 04-24-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Damn you people! Up until about 6 weeks ago, I was virtually unaware of the Beretta PX4 Compact's existence. I don't remember ever handling one, and I'd certainly never shot one. Then came an article in Guns & Ammo on the Compact Carry, which led to me stumbling across this thread. Now, six short weeks (and two rebate applications) later, I've just taken delivery of my SECOND Compact Carry! With only the addition of the 12 lb. Wilson chrome silicon spring, this little pistol has become my go-to EDC, so I wanted a second one...you know, just in case. An OWB holster from Blackpoint Tactical and AIWB from JM Custom Kydex are on the way, and I continuously look for chances to shoot it. Anyway, as we all know, it's like this sometimes with firearms; and it makes very little "sense" to non-gun people. Then again, who cares about them...unless you're married to one.

I hate this thread. PX4 is not "Mass Compliant" therefore only available through a face to face sale (no FFL transfers). Finally found one. Used, converted to G with "user modified low profile safety" for:

$675

I hate this Commonwealth

User Tag List