Page 368 of 431 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

My standard full size PX4 looks noticeably more worn with about equal round count.

Of course, most of the wear on the slide is from dry practice, so the more relevant question is how many draw strokes rather than live fire the gun has had.

The desert tan Cerekote done by LTT has a similar wear pattern to the above. Also a JMCK AIWB 2.5 holster sized for a full size PX4.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    My standard full size PX4 looks noticeably more worn with about equal round count.

Of course, most of the wear on the slide is from dry practice, so the more relevant question is how many draw strokes rather than live fire the gun has had.
    I’ve dry fired the crap out of this one with the JMCK Wing Claw 2.5. I wouldn’t even have a guess on how many draw strokes and re-holsters with the JMCK. Dry fire, timing from concealed draw, press out and first trigger press on target from concealment is something I incorporate for training/skills improvement. Have a cardboard IDPA target hanging on the wall in my home office.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The desert tan Cerekote done by LTT has a similar wear pattern to the above. Also a JMCK AIWB 2.5 holster sized for a full size PX4.
    My JMCK 2.5 is for the full size also.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I’ve carried this Px4 CC almost every day for 2 years. The Cerakote finish is showing signs of wear. Nothing horrible and think it’s expected with the amount of use. Biggest sign of wear is on the left side of the slide up by the muzzle. The sharp corners also are showing wear. Primarily carried in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 but I also tote it around in a Desantis Nemesis and a Fobus paddle. Round count 5600. I’d rate the finish as “pretty darn good.”
    Personally, I love the Boba Fett look, and Langdon's PX4 Storm is the perfect color for that. Are LTT slides stainless?
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Personally, I love the Boba Fett look, and Langdon's PX4 Storm is the perfect color for that. Are LTT slides stainless?
    LTT PX4CCs are ceracote over carbon slides and LTT92s are carbon with bruniton (coated) finish and stainless barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    Update - of the two pouches I received, one fits fine but the other is too loose. For the moment, I’ve stuck a brown paster on it to mark it for range use only, but I may call CPWSA to see if something got mislabeled.
    CPWSA turned the return around immediately. Chris thought the loose pouch may have been a QC failure or just mislabeled. I’m definitely a happy customer.

Years after reading this thread I finally picked up a PX4 Compact. Mine is an Inox .40. I swapped in the Carry levers, larger mag release, the 12# hammer spring from LTT, an NP3 coated DA/SA hammer from a 96D, & Talon grips. I’ve got the Spartan sights, but am waiting for a sight pusher tool to be delivered to install them. I trimmed the grips to allow removal of the back strap & interals. I used the top part of the Talon backstrap on the front of the trigger guard.

Gotta day that I’m really liking this gun. I’ve got a fullsize PX4 Type C with night sights that I reshaped/stippled the grip & converted to DA/SA, & a SubCompact PX4 Type C that’s stock, but will be getting Talon grips. All 4 are .40S&W to keep magazine compatibility.

Talking

Name:  6550E67F-D47F-4DAA-AB3D-E9393317EDFE.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  96.0 KB
    Family picture day

User Tag List