Page 386 of 431 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Floor plate points

@Gun Nerd , the ideas before this comment are great ideas. You could also use a needle file. If you don't like it you can get a new floor plate easily https://www.midwestgunworks.com/bere...ne-bottom.html

Ambi low profile slide catches

Name:  Storm Tracker's Compact  (3).jpg
Views: 568
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  Storm Tracker's Compact  (1).jpg
Views: 635
Size:  55.5 KB

This pistol has 27,110 rounds of reliable service on it. Cerakoted slide (and a few parts) in S&W Red, medium mag release button, D spring, model 92 style levers (type G) & Talon grips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Wow, that cerakote is hot hot heat!
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Red and blue should never be used on functional firearms.

Function?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Red and blue should never be used on functional firearms.
    This is a point of humor with us. We have 9 PX4 Storms. My wife carries a black PX4 SubCompact and has a duplicate (stunt double) for range training. The front view of a SubCompact Storm is intimidating. She also uses my full size PX4 .40 for a posted home defense pistol assigned to her "safe spot".

So, Yes... I agree. The red Compact is only used as a range toy and does not do any assigned defensive work.

Site Supporter
    I've been offered a used CC with some holster wear for a reasonable price. Polymer trigger, no NP3, it's a 2016 gun. I'm trying to figure out which Mod it is. What should the weights average with / without the trigger job? I can put it on a Lyman scale and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've been offered a used CC with some holster wear for a reasonable price. Polymer trigger, no NP3, it's a 2016 gun. I'm trying to figure out which Mod it is. What should the weights average with / without the trigger job? I can put it on a Lyman scale and check it out.
    I'd say regardless of the trigger weights, take it if the price is reasonable. It's easy to tweak the trigger later with just a different hammer spring (not to mention TJIAB).
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'd say regardless of the trigger weights, take it if the price is reasonable. It's easy to tweak the trigger later with just a different hammer spring (not to mention TJIAB).
    Yeah, but I've already got a standard PX4 Compact with most of the work that the Carry has, so the addition of an LTT trigger job would probably put it over the top for me. That's kind of my reasoning on this one.

Weights

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    If the Compact Carry came straight from Beretta without modifications the factory hammer spring will probably give a 10# to 11# double action.

If it was modified by LTT with a trigger job, it probably would have a reduced power hammer spring. A 12# spring might yield approximately 8# of double action pull, sometimes a little less. An 11# spring will yield anywhere from 6 1/2# to 7 1/4#.

It is also possible that a previous owner simply changed hammer springs on a stock Compact Carry.

I would also suggest looking for the LTT logo on the top strap in front of the rear sight.

As to the polymer trigger, all triggers are covered in polymer. The stock trigger is steel lined and framed with a polymer paddle. The competition all steel trigger is covered in Bruniton which has a polymer outer coating.
    I doubt that LTT would have installed the all steel trigger as they know that it is prone to break and is not of the same quality as the stock trigger.

Site Supporter
    On a Lyman digital scale, the DA is 8 lbs 10 oz, the SA is 3 lbs 6 oz. So probably no trigger job. No LTT markings, but I have no idea where the "top strap" is on a semi-auto. If you mean the top of the slide, it's clean without markings. The gun is priced at $550. Maybe more than I want to pay for a Mod0.

User Tag List