Page 388 of 431 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Just went through my first experience in a class with the Vedder IWB LightTuck holster for the Px4 Compact Carry + PL2 Mini Valkyrie. It's no good for me.

The default clip is too long, and I can't get a good purchase with my hands on the grip in either appendix (with claw) or 3 o'clock (without claw) draws. At this height, the holster is so low that my belt+waistband squeeze the top of the holster, turning every textbook re-holstering into brain surgery. The height's also low enough that I can't even get my Px4 all the way into the holster, because my optic gets blocked by my waistband! I can't adjust the long clip any lower than it already is (to raise the holster) because it's currently down at the lowest screw holes. The waistband clip would really need to be attached almost at the muzzle for the kind of clip that Vedder would have provided. Vedder doesn't appear to make any shorter clips than what I got for this holster, as far as I can tell.

So I'm in the market for a new CC holster for the Px4CC! I have an Olight PL-2 Mini, and I'm slim enough for appendix carry (as mentioned above), for what that's worth. Any suggestions on a holster that sets up a higher ride height?
    I’ve had great success with the JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 but that’s with no light. I’m not sure what light options are offered.
    My dream would be this holster with a TLR-7 but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Just went through my first experience in a class with the Vedder IWB LightTuck holster for the Px4 Compact Carry + PL2 Mini Valkyrie. It's no good for me.

The default clip is too long, and I can't get a good purchase with my hands on the grip in either appendix (with claw) or 3 o'clock (without claw) draws. At this height, the holster is so low that my belt+waistband squeeze the top of the holster, turning every textbook re-holstering into brain surgery. The height's also low enough that I can't even get my Px4 all the way into the holster, because my optic gets blocked by my waistband! I can't adjust the long clip any lower than it already is (to raise the holster) because it's currently down at the lowest screw holes. The waistband clip would really need to be attached almost at the muzzle for the kind of clip that Vedder would have provided. Vedder doesn't appear to make any shorter clips than what I got for this holster, as far as I can tell.

So I'm in the market for a new CC holster for the Px4CC! I have an Olight PL-2 Mini, and I'm slim enough for appendix carry (as mentioned above), for what that's worth. Any suggestions on a holster that sets up a higher ride height?
    My PX4CC is my primary carry gun. I use a JM Custom Kydex AIWB, the 2.5 Model. Any of their AIWB models should provide the ride height you want. I would make sure the get the “long” option that adds length. I’ve found it necessary for my.

FWIW, you can email them before ordering questions. Their CS is top notch.

Site Supporter
    I've done a search through this whole thread. Posts from several years ago are saying TLR-3 for a light or TLR-4 for a light/laser combo, then there's one mention each of a few others that fit.

Has anything more modern come out that I should look for? I've never had a WML before and don't know what I don't know. It would be going on this pistol, a PX4 CC.

Pictures welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    I've done a search through this whole thread. Posts from several years ago are saying TLR-3 for a light or TLR-4 for a light/laser combo, then there's one mention each of a few others that fit.

Has anything more modern come out that I should look for? I've never had a WML before and don't know what I don't know. It would be going on this pistol, a PX4 CC.

The TLR-7A with the "high" switch, in conjunction with forum member mfrey's custom key for the TLR-7/A, makes for an excellent modern pistol-mounted light on the PX4 Compact.

In the attachment, TLR-7A (high switch) is on the left; TLR-7 is on the right.
    Attachment 54854

Light options

I was one of the ones who ran a tlr3 earlier on the thread. I did so for about a year before I decided the Juice wasn't worth the squeeze. This was before the pl mini and tlr7 were options, but I'm not convinced that they provide enough of an improvement to be worth going back, particularly with the added challenges of finding a decent holster, which is already a tricky proposition. In this context, I'm happy to run a wing claw 2.5, (just upgraded to one with dcc clips) attached to a phlster flex, and have my light needs be accomadated by a decent handheld with a thyrm switchback.

Name:  edc.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  44.9 KB

Thanks for the suggestions. If things go well I'll be looking at a JMCK holster soon

Name:  91122F4E-201F-4345-9853-07DE093E68C4.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  50.9 KB
    David S.

Very jealous. Also didn't know that LTT performs plate upgrades now!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Name:  91122F4E-201F-4345-9853-07DE093E68C4.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  50.9 KB

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting indeed.

@Sidesaddle Cavalry, the plate upgrade/modification was done by C&H Precision Weapons, not LTT.

Oh! I completely missed that. I think I'll inquire with them to see what they might do about an Acro-to-RMR slide mill conversion...

EDIT: Just called them and it looks like they did have an agreement with LTT to do the job on Berettas for work like that. I've been exchanging e-mails with LTT about what can be done for my Px4CC at this point, but have been waiting back on pricing and logistics
    Last edited by Sidesaddle Cavalry; 09-18-2020 at 11:11 AM.

User Tag List