Page 279 of 431 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

@FrankB do you feel that you were too rushed to make a final decision or do you feel very solid about the result?
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    @FrankB do you feel that you were too rushed to make a final decision or do you feel very solid about the result?
    I would like to have had much more time, and to have arrived at the range earlier today, rather than at 7:00pm. The stoppage in the 92 Compact put that pistol out of commission (I’m about to tear it down, once I post this). The PX4 just seemed like an old familiar pistol, even though I don’t shoot it a lot. I prefer metal pistols, and sold many of my polymer pistols this year. They were all replaced with steel and steel/alloy pistols. The M9 is soooooo easy to shoot, but my experience with the 92 Compact was not like an M9. I’ll clean them both up, and get an earlier start tomorrow.

I owned a 92a1 with lots of Wilson parts. I shot my px4cc better and faster. The little gun shoots ridiculous for its size. It really is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I love both platforms. If I had to pick one... damn. I dunno.

I will say that a 92C with the scalloped backstrap and the Wilson/VZ grips feels amazing in my hand. Maybe better than any other pistol. The trigger reach is perfect. It's thick enough to lock it in tight; but not too thick. And there's zero slippage with the G10. The one gun that comes close to matching it...

Is the PX4 compact. The grip proportions are perfect. But, I guess, at the end of the day, G10 just feels better than polymer/Talon grips do. Also, the trigger reach is just slightly shorter on the 92C.

In terms of recoil... I think maybe the PX4 does shoot a bit flatter. But I can't say that the 92 feels like it has "more" recoil; still a soft shooter. Stock, trigger is better on the PX4.

I dunno. I like both. Will continue to like both.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I love both platforms. If I had to pick one... damn. I dunno.

I will say that a 92C with the scalloped backstrap and the Wilson/VZ grips feels amazing in my hand. Maybe better than any other pistol. The trigger reach is perfect. It's thick enough to lock it in tight; but not too thick. And there's zero slippage with the G10. The one gun that comes close to matching it...

Is the PX4 compact. The grip proportions are perfect. But, I guess, at the end of the day, G10 just feels better than polymer/Talon grips do. Also, the trigger reach is just slightly shorter on the 92C.

In terms of recoil... I think maybe the PX4 does shoot a bit flatter. But I can't say that the 92 feels like it has "more" recoil; still a soft shooter. Stock, trigger is better on the PX4.

I dunno. I like both. Will continue to like both.
    You could always send your px4 to a good stippler and get a great grip. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    You could always send your px4 to a good stippler and get a great grip. Just a thought.
    I’ve been thinking about doing this very thing. But seeing how this isn’t a stock Glock or M&P I didn’t want to do it myself. Trying to figure out who I’d trust to do a good enough job and not hack it up or break the bank in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalapa View Post
    I’ve been thinking about doing this very thing. But seeing how this isn’t a stock Glock or M&P I didn’t want to do it myself. Trying to figure out who I’d trust to do a good enough job and not hack it up or break the bank in the process.
    Where in NC are you? Give Alex @ Gun Grip Customs a look. He charged me $150 to stipple my PX4. Gonna have him stipple two more shortly.

Only pic I have right now but can get more if you want them.

Attachment 20667
    Last edited by MSparks909; 10-08-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

[QUOTE=MSparks909;660706]Where in NC are you? Give Alex @ Gun Grip Customs a look. He charged me $150 to stipple my PX4. Gonna have him stipple two more shortly.

Attachment 20667[/QUOTE

I’m in Wilmington about half way between Myrtle Beach SC and Jacksonville NC. But if he’s within 2-2.5 hours I’d gladly drive to see him. I hadn’t heard of them. I’m back to day shift next week but week after next I’ll definitely give him a call. That looks like solid work. The grip tape is ok but I want something with a little more traction.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Give Alex @ Gun Grip Customs a look. He charged me $150 to stipple my PX4.
    Another vote here for Alex. He did one of my PX4CCs and it turned out great. While the Talon is a good solution out of the box, stippling is a definite step up IMO. I'll be sending Alex my other PX4CC soon.

Name:  BJV-PX4CC-3.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  BJV-PX4CC-2.JPG
Views: 834
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  BJV-PX4CC-1.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  52.2 KB
    Last edited by BJV; 10-08-2017 at 12:33 PM.

[QUOTE=Papalapa;660710]
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Where in NC are you? Give Alex @ Gun Grip Customs a look. He charged me $150 to stipple my PX4. Gonna have him stipple two more shortly.

Attachment 20667[/QUOTE

I’m in Wilmington about half way between Myrtle Beach SC and Jacksonville NC. But if he’s within 2-2.5 hours I’d gladly drive to see him. I hadn’t heard of them. I’m back to day shift next week but week after next I’ll definitely give him a call. That looks like solid work. The grip tape is ok but I want something with a little more traction.
    I went to UNCW for 2 years. Know the area well! Alex is in Jacksonville, NC. I usually meet him at the Walmart at the intersection of 17 and Western BLVD.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List