Page 263 of 431 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Light switch moment this evening for me with the PX4 Compact and longer range steel. I sensed this before, but absolutely confirmed it to my satisfaction just now, shooting eight inch steel in the 50-80 yard envelope. I find it way easier to hit those targets shooting double action, and am nearly one for one DA, which is amazing to me given how short the sight radius is. (The trade off to that nice sloped rear part of the slide, that conceals so well, is less sight radius.). This works well enough, that it is worthwhile for me to decock when shooting successive targets in that range envelope. Try it and see what you think.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Light switch moment this evening for me with the PX4 Compact and longer range steel. I sensed this before, but absolutely confirmed it to my satisfaction just now, shooting eight inch steel in the 50-80 yard envelope. I find it way easier to hit those targets shooting double action, and am nearly one for one DA, which is amazing to me given how short the sight radius is. (The trade off to that nice sloped rear part of the slide, that conceals so well, is less sight radius.). This works well enough, that it is worthwhile for me to decock when shooting successive targets in that range envelope. Try it and see what you think.
    Yeah, if I want to shoot groups with my PX4s, I will just decock for every shot. It is almost a guarantee I will shoot a better group in all Double than I will Single Action.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Had to post this....I haven't been to the range in over a month. Walked out today and shot this test cold as my first drill of the day to see what I needed to fix. While shot one went low in the 9, and I let one go before the sights settled for a high one...the 7 X's made me very happy. Thanks to Ernest and Freddie at the Robar crew. Also shot a 291 Vickers 300. Good day with my psychologist.
    Nice work sir!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I find it way easier to hit those targets shooting double action, and am nearly one for one DA, which is amazing to me given how short the sight radius is. (The trade off to that nice sloped rear part of the slide, that conceals so well, is less sight radius.). This works well enough, that it is worthwhile for me to decock when shooting successive targets in that range envelope. Try it and see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, if I want to shoot groups with my PX4s, I will just decock for every shot. It is almost a guarantee I will shoot a better group in all Double than I will Single Action.
    This seems to suggest a DAO version would be worth exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    They did make some D models years ago, but I haven't seen one in the wild. Did see a full sized C a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Not for me, as it would take the Ferrari mode away, which is so helpful shooting closer and larger tagets.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Well, I am not a Beretta fan or a TDA fan but I have been watching this PX4 Compact thread with interest. Then I checked the local "outdoor trader" used gun ads and found this for a REALLY nice price and it came home with me. Previous owner already made most of the suggested mods, extra mags, IWB holster and mag pouch. Talon grip on order. Made a quick run to the range and it shot very, very well. Like many have stated - surprisingly low recoil. Very accurate. Ran with no issues with FM American Steel 115, some other steel case 115 fmj, plus my 124 Bayou WSF reloads. - about 200 rounds total on first outing. No issues running the 8 inch plate rack at 25 yards like it was a full size duty pistol.

Name:  PX4 CC_compressed.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  20.2 KB
    Last edited by ranger; 08-07-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Frustratingly realized this today with my modest practice. Not even close to the ranges you are working at. Just in general, I'm more consistent in DA than in SA. Crazy...
    Last edited by imp1295; 08-07-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: *sp

Hammertime
    My PX4C has developed a tendency to run the first round in when I seat a fresh mag during slide lock reloads.

All springs seem plenty springy in the mags and slide release.

Anyone have ideas what I can check?

My full size PX4 has auto-forwarded since it was new.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

User Tag List