Page 403 of 431 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I’m currently thinking about one of these or the carry full size. Mostly the full size. Very intriguing. I like the hammer over the striker with no gadget on my 2.0 and don’t want a safety lever.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m currently thinking about one of these or the carry full size. Mostly the full size. Very intriguing. I like the hammer over the striker with no gadget on my 2.0 and don’t want a safety lever.
    I've kicked around the idea of a compact multiple times. Several people ran them at Langdon's class a couple of years ago, and all of them ran well. I believe Cecil Burch is using one now. Darryl Bolke seems to like them. Lots of people here are still shooting them. What does a person really want in a carry gun? Reliable. Small enough to carry all the time. Shootable. Safe. Easy to get support gear. Able to buy multiples and set them up the same way. The PX4cc checks all those boxes. They're more expensive than a Glock 19, but they don't need anything out of the box. (And I've bought and sold more Glock 19's than I can count). I really only have two gripes with the PX4cc, and that's the lack of texture and the fact that I've never shot one.

I should just stick with Glocks. But I'm in the middle of picking a new match platform and exploring other possibilities. I just happen to have an LTT full-size sitting in the safe not doing anything.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Oh man why not use that lTT. If not one px4cc for carry and one full size for matches. I keep thinking full size since I can only have one but I am looking hard at the cc.

Oh man why not use that lTT. If not one px4cc for carry and one full size for matches. I keep thinking full size since I can only have one but I am looking hard at the cc.

I was in the same boat, decided on the fullsize. I found i can easily carry an M9A3, and just wanted something lighter, with a good trigger, but didn't give up much capacity.

Still waiting for it, but im exited

I carried a 92 Centurion for a while. A 226 before that. Over the years I've also carried a 34 and a %" 1911. I like shooting full-size guns but I'm kind of over-carrying one.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I really only have two gripes with the PX4cc, and that's the lack of texture and the fact that I've never shot one.
    Talon has options for the grip surface. I've had the texturized rubber Talon skins on my CC. Years of toting around and shooting and they are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Talon has options for the grip surface. I've had the texturized rubber Talon skins on my CC. Years of toting around and shooting and they are still good.
    They're an option. Just not my preferred option.

I haven't committed to texturing the grip and I've never liked Talon grips because I prefer softer slightly thicker rubber texture so when you grip it, the rubber "molds" to you and the grip of the gun. This is why I'm currently using the ole bike tire inner tube grip and it works perfectly for me.

Bore Sight Solutions?

https://www.langdontactical.com/bore...xture-package/

Pinch me, I must be dreaming....

Dreams do come true! Got my spare Px4 CC slide back from LTT with the RDO Solution 2.0 earlier today. Absolutely, incredibly, freaking amazing. Picked it up from the mail, got it home, installed a set of fugly levers, lubed it with CLP, installed a Holo 507C and ran 45 rounds of REM 115gr ball through it. The first target is after zero/dial in, 2 rounds each at 7, 15, 25 and 50 yards, off hand with the first round DA using the doughnut of death reticle. The second target is the same target after finishing off 3 mags at 7 yards, shooting from the ready, a single round or double tap. It rides sweet in the Black Rhino Concealment ACS rig with the optics cut and TLR7 option. I threw in a comparison pic of a Glock 43x, Holo 407K with a TLR7 sub that I've been shooting for RDO experience as I waited for this dream to come true. Sized pretty damn similar except it's a little thicker. That's it for now, will update later after I run some more rounds and timed drills. I really need to get back to dry firing.... Thank you Ernest and LTT team!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

User Tag List