Page 367 of 431 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    Update - of the two pouches I received, one fits fine but the other is too loose. For the moment, I’ve stuck a brown paster on it to mark it for range use only, but I may call CPWSA to see if something got mislabeled.
    I'd definitely give them a call. Everyone makes mistakes; one of the ways to tell a good shop from a crummy one is how they deal with them.

So I purchased a LTT PX4 recently and absolutely love shooting this gun. But the moment I ordered it, my thought was....”I should also order a PX4CC as well”..... but I didn’t. Ordered the LTT Elite, so please don’t feel bad for me.

But in the month that I have had this PX4, I’ve shot it way more than the 92 because my intention was to have it be my EDC, but I still had that.....”buy a PX4CC too” though in the back of my head. The PX4 is now my EDC and I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision......BUT. I have to have the CC

So, I thought I’d go back through this entire thread to inform myself as much I as I could, yup...all 92 pages of it(I have my page set to 40 posts per page) because I am like that. It only took me about 4 days on and off to read the whole thing. Don’t judge me, I recognize I have a problem but I’m good with it.

It is quite an interesting journey when you read back through it.

You have one of the best ever in Ernest Langdon come with a great thought about what he’d do to improve a very misunderstood and underrated firearm. His early thoughts of how it could be better, what components he would change and do differently. Then during that early timeline Beretta was kind of like “yeah, we have that part...we could do that” and the start of the entire process of how a gun of this nature for the masses comes to be, unfolded right in this thread.

From working with companies to get the right sites, the delays on the Sites, to Beretta and all of Italy being on vacation every August, to shipping issues, to Robar(now gone from the gun world from what I read) all of that was so interesting to read about. All the different questions about people doing their own upgrades on stock PX4’s. And if anyone wants to know the most common comment in this thread, it’s “12# hammer spring”. Without a doubt

The input that he asked for and received from some very qualified posters about what they’d like in a gun was also interesting. Ernest Langdon asking the question of “would you buy that?” And over a rather short period of time (I think the thread started in 2016) he has come out with some phenomenal Berettas. In that time alone there has been the Langdon Tactical lineup of the LTT Elite, PX4 and CC, now the 92 Compact and Centurion, the Springfield XD-E, as well as the 1301 tactical.(if I’m missing something, forgive me) Along with all the classes, and exposure of what a quality firearm is to a host of people that would NEVER had that opportunity.

All of those have come online during the life of this thread. In fact, I think someone in this thread mentioned to Ernest Langdon that he should do something with the 1301. Was that the genesis of that shotgun now available at LangdonTactical.com? Who knows, but the man listens and creates what the people want. This much is obvious.

I don’t know the timeline of Langdon Tactical Technologies as a business entity or the growth of their company, but this is a lesson that many a business would do well to learn. Ernest Langdon got close to, and then actually listened to his customers, and gave them what they wanted, and to many what they didn’t even know they wanted. Ernest Langdon might not realize it, but he’s just as fine a business owner as he is shooter.

Now, time for me to get online this weekend and order my LTT PX4CC and make myself a happy man.
    Last edited by NWshooter; 01-24-2020 at 11:40 PM.

WML

Has anyone found a solution for lights yet? Would the CMR-204 fit? Or the Viridian compact light? Or just take a file and some JB-Weld and make the TLR-7/8 series work?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Missed the edit window but one more question that may have been addressed. For those of us who may be living in retarded-capacity states in the future, I assume there are no reported issues with the 10rd Px4C mags?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

The full size px4 is now my glock 19. Weird thing is that to me the full size feels slightly lighter than my compact, I haven't weighed them but if nothing else it is identical in weight. I can conceal it just as easy, and my lights work on it and much improved accuracy at longer distances. I think the compact has a better recoil impulse to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Missed the edit window but one more question that may have been addressed. For those of us who may be living in retarded-capacity states in the future, I assume there are no reported issues with the 10rd Px4C mags?
    I have three for use in a low-capacity jurisdiction where I have a permit. Only a few loads through each of them, but no problems so far.

I have five we have run a lot without any issues at all.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Never tried a 10 round in a compact but I had a few 10 round fullsize mags and they didn't have any issues.

I've never heard of problems with reduced capacity magazines from any gun except Glock because for whatever reason they have a totally different design for their reduced capacity mags. Every other pistol just uses the same design but blocked in some way for their 10 round mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Where o' wear ?

The PX4 Compact Carry has been out for quite a while now. When it came out it sold a lot! Is there anyone here that has put a lot of rounds on one by now? I was curious about how many rounds and how the Cerakote was taking the holster use.

Does anyone have a high round count? Does anyone have pictures of the outside of the slide from lots of holster and range use?

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    The PX4 Compact Carry has been out for quite a while now. When it came out it sold a lot! Is there anyone here that has put a lot of rounds on one by now? I was curious about how many rounds and how the Cerakote was taking the holster use.

Does anyone have a high round count? Does anyone have pictures of the outside of the slide from lots of holster and range use?
    I’ve carried this Px4 CC almost every day for 2 years. The Cerakote finish is showing signs of wear. Nothing horrible and think it’s expected with the amount of use. Biggest sign of wear is on the left side of the slide up by the muzzle. The sharp corners also are showing wear. Primarily carried in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 but I also tote it around in a Desantis Nemesis and a Fobus paddle. Round count 5600. I’d rate the finish as “pretty darn good.”
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by medmo; 02-01-2020 at 12:07 PM.

User Tag List