Page 219 of 431 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    You would know as you have tried this and it worked. I would think you would need to start with a .40 caliber gun to do this swap. I would think 1mm smaller breach face on the 9mm slide would cause issues when dropping in a .40 caliber barrel. The reverse would not be the case and likely the 9mm barrel would work fine in a .40 caliber slide.
    Hey Ernest
    Is the 1mm difference you mention a measurement you made and noted somewhere that I missed, or insider info from Beretta themselves? My calipers aren't the greatest so I didn't want to rely on them, but wouldn't be surprised if that difference is there.

Correct, I tried it only with the 9mm barrel in the 40 slide as that's what I'd like to swap -- I bought a cheap used Bruniton 40 compact before I could find the 9mm SS version locally that I wante. The 9mm compact barrel is $212 at Brownell's so not too bad to have a switchable gun.
    I'll try the opposite next time I'm at the range, you might be right that it's an issue, but the 40SW barrel does fit in the 9mm slide okay and hand-racks without problem, so I'd guess it'd be okay firing that way as well. The compact 40SW barrel at Brownell's is $301 for some reason. And honestly shooting 40SW in the compact is a bit much.

Now I'm really wondering if a 9mm subcompact barrel will work in my 40SW SC slide. I've read a few places they don't have the same outer diameters, but now I might be curious enough to get the $131 SC barrel and try it (out of stock right now, unfortunately).

Also, Mark Brown at Ameriglo mentioned they'd have the EL full size sights available soon, have you heard any announcements yet?

Love your guns.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I have arthritic thumbs & found the stealth levers tough work & the standard levers too pointy. I'm a righty, so I'm running the 92 lever on the LH side with the stealth lever on the RH side. I can use the stealth lever in a left-handed emergency, but the 92 lever is so much easier on me for the bulk of the decocking work than the other 2 styles.
    I haven't done it but I think I like this setup. In G config - no worry about unknowingly moving to safe. And if you can spare the millimeter, makes it a lot more ergonomic.

I'm checking Beretta USA on the reg, and the next time I see 92 levers for the PX4 in, I'm getting two sets.

FWIW, I've been waffling back and forth on carrying the PX4 instead of my 92C and this weekend I finally did it. My back was hurting me and the decrease in weight was welcome. It may never truly be my EDC, but it most likely will replace a J frame as my "Chiropractic gun.". It offers too many advantages over a 5 shot snub for it not to.

Question gang,

Would by PX4 CC from the factory benefit from the 12lb hammer spring? Thanks, and apologies if I overlooked it in these 214 pages

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Question gang,

Would by PX4 CC from the factory benefit from the 12lb hammer spring? Thanks, and apologies if I overlooked it in these 214 pages

Dave
    Yes, I think so. It comes with the Comp Trigger group but I think that is the standard mainspring (maybe chromed or something).

Question gang,

Dave
    Absolutely. Best drop in modification for these guns.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Absolutely. Best drop in modification for these guns.
    This for sure. Only thing I have done to my base cc. Crazy difference in the trigger and has been 100% reliable for me

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    This for sure. Only thing I have done to my base cc. Crazy difference in the trigger and has been 100% reliable for me
    I put in the Cougar D, I was planning on it dropping DA to 9ish but it was measured between 7-8#s. Even if it measured low - still a pretty nice change. No light strikes yet.
    Last edited by LearnedHat; 05-02-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I put in the Cougar D, I was planning on it dropping DA to 9ish but it was measured between 7-8#s. Even if it measured low - still a pretty nice change. No light strikes yet.
    I installed the wilson 12# spring in mine. No idea on weight though. Guess would be 9ish

Question gang,

Dave
    Yep! Mine went from 10lb/8oz to 8lb/10oz with addition of WC 12 lb chrome silicon spring and still 100% reliable after 150 rds or so. SA remained unchanged, which I was glad about...it was 3lb/9oz straight from the factory box!

User Tag List