Page 310 of 431 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Attachment 23966
    This is how far forward the slide moved tonight.
    I have only seen that issue when the gun is coming from an improperly made holster. Never while shooting, normally after drawing. Some holster makers have decided to mold the holster down into the disassembly detent area on the frame. If that pushes the detents down, then there is a problem.

I have never seen that happen during the firing cycle while shooting.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Hi Ernest,
    The pistol was being carried in a DeSantis leather holster, but it’s not molded in the way you described. It might have just been a freak incident on a pistol with less than 100 rounds. The second 100 rounds went fine, and I worked the slide release tabs quite a bit last night.

Hi Ernest,
    The pistol was being carried in a DeSantis leather holster, but it’s not molded in the way you described. It might have just been a freak incident on a pistol with less than 100 rounds. The second 100 rounds went fine, and I worked the slide release tabs quite a bit last night.
    OK, that is good. I do understand the concern. I would be concerned as well. Please let me know if you have any other issues as I want to be aware of any problems with a gun that I am promoting to people.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    OK, that is good. I do understand the concern. I would be concerned as well. Please let me know if you have any other issues as I want to be aware of any problems with a gun that I am promoting to people.
    You’re the man, Ernest! I know a gun shop owner who has competed with you, and he says you’re the man as well. I probably shouldn’t post his name...

Hi Ernest,
    The pistol had less then 100 rounds? Did you clean it of the factory shipping grease/protectant first? I am wondering of any of that stuff, may have got hot enough to move down onto the slide releases and pushed them down.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    The pistol had less then 100 rounds? Did you clean it of the factory shipping grease/protectant first? I am wondering of any of that stuff, may have got hot enough to move down onto the slide releases and pushed them down.
    I ran the first 50 with the pistol straight out of the box. It was BONE DRY, and I was curious. I had a couple of failures to feed, so I lubed it up, and was back in business. I took it home, and gave it my usual anal OCD cleaning and lube. When we took it to the range, my first mag went fine, and then my wife had the issue. I racked the slide a few times, and then we ran another 100 without incident.

AIM surplus has used 17 rd PX4 mags for $14.95. Not sure that’s a good price or not.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    AIM surplus has used 17 rd PX4 mags for $14.95. Not sure that’s a good price or not.
    To me that sounds like an insanely good deal! Of course, I'm used to PX4 magazines having H&K prices and limited availability... If those were available with international shipping I'd be inclined to jump on that offer.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Fantastic deal, if they are new.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

i am strongly considering getting a PX4 compact carry. However, i have noticed with regular PX4 Compacts, that the single action trigger reset is very very inconsistent. sometimes after pulling the trigger and racking the slide, then releasing the trigger to the reset point is very short, on the order of about 2mm. other times, doing the same thing, the reset point is all the way at the beginning of the single action trigger travel, about 8mm. i have tried this with 6 different PX4 compacts, 4 new, 4 used. each one of them does this. does anyone else notice that the single action reset point varies quite a bit from being very short or as long as the full reset of the single action travel? this seems really unusual and really not ideal. anyone else notice this?

User Tag List