Page 67 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Got it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_ICT View Post
    Ernie Langdon posting on the Beretta Forum:

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost....&postcount=107

"...Gun should have a street price of under $800 and should hit the shelves sometime in March..."
    Now would be a good time to order your JM George holster for this pistol, so you have it when the pistol arrives. I just ordered my holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did Ernest ever say what the final specs where on the sights? Curious what the front sight width to rear notch ratio turned out to be relative to the Trijicon HD sights. I thought I had read 0.135 front sight but can't find it in the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Did Ernest ever say what the final specs where on the sights? Curious what the front sight width to rear notch ratio turned out to be relative to the Trijicon HD sights. I thought I had read 0.135 front sight but can't find it in the thread.

I just bought some T CAP sights for a Glock, and the front is about .123, and rear around .150. I seem to recall hearing about .123 for the PX C front.

Great! Pretty much the same front width/rear notch ratio as Trijicon HDs.

Have you had a chance to use the TCAPs yet? How much do we need to sweet talk Ernest/BUSA into asking Ameriglo to make a freestanding TCAP front sight for the 92 platform?

Similar proportion but the TCAP is a much thinner front, which should help with precision.

Haven't shot them yet.

Hello,

I picked up a PX-4 compact a little while back and Google brought me to this forum and thread.

I am considering making this my carry gun and intend to put the Stealth Decocking Levers on it. It was easy enough to find the instructions on how to install them and I'm pretty handy so I don't foresee any problems there (famous last words).

I use and like the standard slide stop though, and don't want to get one with a reduced profile.

My question is, can I remove the right side slide stop and replace it with the plug and leave the standard size slide stop in place on the left side of the gun, or does that not work?

Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the right place for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Hello,

I picked up a PX-4 compact a little while back and Google brought me to this forum and thread.

I am considering making this my carry gun and intend to put the Stealth Decocking Levers on it. It was easy enough to find the instructions on how to install them and I'm pretty handy so I don't foresee any problems there (famous last words).

I use and like the standard slide stop though, and don't want to get one with a reduced profile.

My question is, can I remove the right side slide stop and replace it with the plug and leave the standard size slide stop in place on the left side of the gun, or does that not work?

I am at work, where despite the fact that my carrying is common knowledge, whipping out my gun and disassembling it would probably raise some eyebrows. But based on recollection from swapping out my levers, I believe it would work.

The left lever is retained by hooking over the top of the frame so the the magazine follower can lift it to catch the slide and is pressed downward by a spring. Removing it is as simple as removing the slide so that the lever can be raised high enough to clear the top of the frame and it slide straight out. This happens frequently and inadvertently while vigorously scrubbing the inside of the mag well. You'll soon be an expert at reinstalling it (and hunting down the spring).

The right lever is retained by a tab on the shaft which must be indexed to the notch in the frame hole. It is not blocked from rotating by the slide, instead, the end of each lever is notched in such a way that they mate together. This is how pressing the right lever depresses the left lever to release the slide and conversely, prevents the right lever from rotating to the index position allowing it to be removed. Therefore, the left lever must come out first as I recall.

So, you should be able to remove the right lever, replace it with the plug, and keep the original left lever but obviously not vice-versa.

Hope this helps, I'm fairly sure my recollections are correct. I will try to remember to check when I get home this evening and post up if I turn out to be full of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Hello,

Yes, I kept the standard slide release and took the right side off and put the plug in.Works fine !
    I also did the stealth levers as well and found i could hardly use them, especially when my hands got sweaty . So I kept the standard lever on the left and the stealth lever on the right. YMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Yes, I kept the standard slide release and took the right side off and put the plug in.Works fine !
    I also did the stealth levers as well and found i could hardly use them, especially when my hands got sweaty . So I kept the standard lever on the left and the stealth lever on the right. YMMV...
    Thanks to you and to Rick_ICT.

I've been thinking if I have a hard time with the left side stealth lever I might replace it with a 92 style lever. A hundred bucks to change out the decocker seems kind of extravagant though. I would have to think about that but I really dislike the "horns".

I did do the D spring modification and it seemed to take a lot of the pressure off of the decocker and make it much easier to use.
    Last edited by Johnny Bravo; 02-16-2016 at 09:03 AM.

User Tag List