Page 377 of 431 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

I just remember Ernest Langdon saying that he looked into it and didn't think it was necessary. Beretta apparently researched polymers carefully before choosing. The polymer is very stiff (I don't experience any perceptable flexing in mine). A few people had problems if you read the reviews on Beretta's website. Others were very happy: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4...full-comments/
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

I’m pretty sure Chris, who writes the lucky gunner lounge blog, had a metal trigger in his PX4 break at a Langdon class. At any rate, I remember Ernest saying those triggers were a no go. I know that putting it in a range only gun means it probably won’t be carried, but still, why out a suboptimal part in your gun even if it’s for range use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I know that putting it in a range only gun means it probably won’t be carried, but still, why out a suboptimal part in your gun even if it’s for range use?

In my case, I have multiple guns that are the same, but in different calibers.
    There are different ways to tell them apart, with some simple things like different color grip tape, or a metal trigger instead of a plastic one. Little things like that, make it a lot easier to grab the correct magazines/ammo when going to the range.

I was in one of those trigger threads, as I had just bought and installed one, in what became my carry gun, when both he and Chris posted about it. I really was aggravated by Beretta's "recommendation" for competition only, when they sell a firearm with a "competition" trigger group, for defense. But a lot of that comes from me watching/reading a legal case for years, that will never be over. (effectively over, isn't over)
    The trigger came out and was put aside as I have two type C PX4's, it was kept in case I decided to convert one to a type D.

Streamlight TLR-7A is good to go on PX4 Compact with mfrey's key.

Unfortunately, the original TLR-7 does not work for me on my PX4CC because I can't reach the switches. The TLR-7A with the "high" switch corrects this issue and, in conjunction with mfrey's custom key for the TLR-7/A, makes for an excellent pistol-mounted light on the PX4 Compact. I'm now able to have a PX4CC set up as a nightstand gun with a good light, which checks yet another box on the list of capabilities that this gun can fulfill. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Unfortunately, the original TLR-7 does not work for me on my PX4CC because I can't reach the switches. The TLR-7A with the "high" switch corrects this issue and, in conjunction with mfrey's custom key for the TLR-7/A, makes for an excellent pistol-mounted light on the PX4 Compact. I'm now able to have a PX4CC set up as a nightstand gun with a good light, which checks yet another box on the list of capabilities that this gun can fulfill. Highly recommended.
    Awesome. Thank you. Do you mind sharing a pick with it mounted. I'd like to see what it looks like.
    “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” – Herbert Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I posted this to the main forum, but I wanted to make sure that the guys that are following this thread saw this for sure.

We just released the OP trigger bar for the PX4. It is up on the LTT site now and we have a couple hundred in stock now.

https://www.langdontactical.com/opti...e-trigger-bar/

Attachment 53192

Same kind of improvements as the 92 OP trigger bar, reduction in over travel with a huge reduction in reset.

The 10 lb hammer spring is up there as well. I have almost 1000 rounds of IMI 124 grain NATO ball with no issues. If it will run that, it will run any US-made ammo.
    @LangdonTactical
    I have two px4cc both with sear removed running DAO. Using 12lb springs. What could be expected with the OP trigger bar? Would the benefit of over travel and reset reductions be seen in DAO? I’ll be putting in the 10lb springs replacing the current 12s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Awesome. Thank you. Do you mind sharing a pick with it mounted. I'd like to see what it looks like.
    TLR-7A and TLR-7, both on PX4CCs:

Name:  20200527_170000.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  51.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    TLR-7A and TLR-7, both on PX4CCs:
    Gotta say, now that I know that there's someone out there making custom keys for the TLR-7 series, I'm a bit interested.

Have there been any reviewers who've tested the TLR-7's maximum beam distance and candela ratings at 25+ yards? Never mind, I'm reading the spec sheet and it seems like it's definitely a step above the PL-Mini 2.
    Last edited by Sidesaddle Cavalry; 05-27-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troydobe View Post
    @LangdonTactical
    I have two px4cc both with sear removed running DAO. Using 12lb springs. What could be expected with the OP trigger bar? Would the benefit of over travel and reset reductions be seen in DAO? I’ll be putting in the 10lb springs replacing the current 12s also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reset reduction is for the single action.

User Tag List