Page 240 of 431 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I learned my lesson about not getting something now and waiting for later, as surely it will still be available. Only to find that it is available --- at an insanely inflated price.
    Or that it's no longer available.

I've been carrying my PX4 Storm Compact since last Tuesday (9 days) in a Foxx IWB single clip holster. My preference is 3:00, but the bat wings made that really uncomfortable, really fast. I started carry at nearly 5:00, but don't like that position. The Stealth decocker and slide release made an instant improvement, and I carried it all day a 3:00. I never felt it, and even touched it a couple times to make sure it was there...lol! If you're on the fence about Stealth levers, I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sadly, I won't be carrying mine anymore. I can't justify having Glocks on duty and PX4s off duty. The triggers are just too different for me so, while I vastly prefer the PX4 trigger, it's doing me no favors regarding my Glock abilities. At least now that I have gadgets for my Glocks I'm not super uncomfortable carrying them AIWB. I haven't decided whether to sell one of mine. They likely won't be seeing any real use for a long time. You never know what's going to happen in the future though. There might come a time when I can carry nothing but PX4s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was in the exact opposite boat, carry an M9 at work and I was carrying glocks off duty. Finally wised up, traded in an HK I had for a 92A1 and grabbed a PX4 compact recently (as well as a S&W 3914). Going to play with those and move over to DA/SA and let the Glocks gather dust until I find another job and see what I'll be carrying then.

I wanted to get the Compact Carry but it was a little outside the budget and I didn't want to drop $700-800 on one having never shot a PX4 before. Figured I'd dip my toe in and find out if it works for me and how I want it set up and compare that to the CC before dropping that much cheddar on a gun that I would probably take a bath on if I decided I didn't like it and tried to sell it. If I end up hating the PX4 I can unload my regular model and maybe only loose $100.

Here's a little modification guide I put together to help those who have a standard PX4 compact or full-size and desire to improve it over stock form.

Without a doubt, the best "bang for your buck" mod will be a Wilson 12# hammer spring ($6). Take a sharpie to the rear sight dots and take an orange paint pen to the front sight dot ($3). Convert the safety/defrocked to decocker only (free).

Next step up the ladder would be the mag release kit ($15) and the stealth decock levers ($45). Or you could get the stealth decock levers and slide release ($74). I personally run the 92 style decock levers on my full-size PX4s ($45).

With the sights, controls and trigger out of the way, it's time to address the grip. If you're handy, pick up a wood burner ($25) and practice stippling on your Beretta case and spare backstraps and then stipple your gun. A good stipple job will provide more grip than Talon grips but on the flip side, it's a permanent modification to the gun. If that makes you nervous, pick up a set of Talon grips ($18).

With all of the above taken care of, and if you're still looking for more, the last steps I'd do are the Competition Trigger Pack + the Wilson 12# spring ($115 + $6 spring) and the Ameriglo sights ($109).

All prices (except the Wilson 12# spring) are from Beretta USA's website. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 06-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post

I wanted to get the Compact Carry but it was a little outside the budget and I didn't want to drop $700-800 on one having never shot a PX4 before. Figured I'd dip my toe in and find out if it works for me and how I want it set up and compare that to the CC before dropping that much cheddar on a gun that I would probably take a bath on if I decided I didn't like it and tried to sell it. If I end up hating the PX4 I can unload my regular model and maybe only loose $100.
    This was the approach I took after carrying Glocks for the last decade. Most of my previous Beretta experience was with the 92 series pistols. I've had my Px4 Compact since the end of March and only got a little over 1,500 rounds through it. Started with the simple and inexpensive mods first. Made the regular safety into a decocker only and seappex to a Wilson #12 hammer spring. Ran it through some drills and found I liked the handling and shootability. Lucked into a set of the Ameriglo sights on a Beretta forum classified section for $75. Then committed to the stealth levers. The Px4 has been my primary focus for all of my range trips the last few months. I have shifted to it getting more carry time than my G19 or G26 now as well. Some grip texture is the next item on the agenda. Then I will wait until I wear out the factory Bruniton finish, and figure out what finish I replace it with.

It's been easier to digest, breaking up the expense of the mods as I go. Each one seems like a step toward committing more to the Px4 Compact.

The other DA/SA I was considering was the CZ P07. One may still find its way into my collection.

Robar trimmed and coated some magazines for me. Having 10, 15, PX4 FS 17 and 20 round magazine choices offers versatility.

Name:  IMG_2176.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  53.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ernest may have already mentioned this, and this thread is so long, I didn't look back to see. The regular magazine loads just fine if your insertion is perfect, but the contoured magazine shines if you are off just a bit.

Speaking of versatility, the only mild knock on the PX4C, is I feel like with the short sight radius, I give up something at farther distances. A reasonable trade off, given how well the Compact carries, but this might be an even more versatile addition than 20 round magazines.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  99.6 KB

GJM, how does the Compact and Full size group for you with EL's sights? What hold do you take?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    GJM, how does the Compact and Full size group for you with EL's sights? What hold do you take?
    TBD, as I have just got them on, and have not shot them yet.

Have we discussed the PX4 lubrication points and quantity of lube in this thread?

User Tag List