Page 21 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a PX4 .40, and it is an extremely soft shooting .40. Bill Wilson put me onto it.

This thread may cause PX4 sales to spike, doubling from 2 a week to 4. I told my wife this is a very good thing, and people ought to buy PX4 pistols to get good karma. When you consider all the crazy good 92 variants out this year, getting a PX4 is like going to the Beretta pound and adopting a rescue mutt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    This gun is at the top of the list of Berettas at Buds. Wonder if it due to this thread? Also great blurb about the gun on the Buds site claims the gun will easily go 100K rounds with no parts breakage!��
    I'm chuckling at this turn of events. I can't help but imagine that heads are exploding over at Beretta. They only seem to figure out how to market their guns after they decide to roll out a new one. Got some great Beretta 92 variants (Elite, Vertec, 92G-SD)? Nah, the future is plastics. Lets discontinue those - team members please pick up your new PX4. PX4 didn't catch on? Maybe those 92 guys knew what they were talking about...lets go back to the 92 series (WC Brig Tac, M9A3). Hey, wait, someone likes the PX4? Too bad we've got the APX coming out...

In all seriousness, does the PX4 have a future in the Beretta lineup with the pending introduction of the APX?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-25-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    post# 18

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ull-size/page2

That presumes that the agencies simply passed without evaluating the guns. That was not the case. The one large agency I know of that did adopt the PX4 is the same agency that first introduced me to the "mallet solution," in a class in front of plenty of students... and one of our current Staff members. Also, as mentioned previously, the entire stable of Beretta's paid pistol shooting team, given a choice between shooting the PX4 or resigning, resigned based on their actual hands-on experience with the gun.
    Here is another: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....t=beretta+team

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm chuckling at this turn of events. I can't help but imagine that heads are exploding over at Beretta. They only seem to figure out how to market their guns after they decide to roll out a new one. Got some great Beretta 92 variants (Elite, Vertec, 92G-SD)? Nah, the future is plastics. Lets discontinue those - team members please pick up your new PX4. PX4 didn't catch on? Maybe those 92 guys knew what they were talking about...lets go back to the 92 series (WC Brig Tac, M9A3). Hey, wait, someone likes the PX4? Too bad we've got the APX coming out...

In all seriousness, does the PX4 have a future in the Beretta lineup with the pending introduction of the APX?
    I doubt Pistol-Forum membership sales are enough to swing their profit margins .If we do, then they sell far fewer handguns then I would guess.

Anyways, the biggest issue Beretta has with sales is the DA pull. May as well sell cap n ball revolvers for all the relevance DA/SA guns have with mainstream shooters nowadays. The APX should fix that, provided it has a trigger weight light enough for Cleetus to hit his Gateway tower at five yards.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Might have to sell the Glock 17 for one of these babies especially after the AIWB re holstering death not too long ago. I just wish the INOX version was $419

Oh, and it appears another guy likes these as well

For those of you who have been under a rock:

Marcus Lutrell "Lone Survivor"
    Last edited by azerious; 08-26-2015 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Oh, and it appears another guy likes these as well

For those of you who have been under a rock:

Marcus Lutrell "Lone Survivor"
    Well, that settles it. I'm selling everything off for a PX4 because SEAL

Site Supporter
    Things I've learned about the PX4:

1) They are great guns in every aspect you can measure greatness.
    2) Only Beretta nerds know anything about them.
    3) Holster selection is better than you think.
    4) The 'mallet issue' is more than likely sourced from a spat of a few frozen guns rather than a heat transfer defect in the rotating barrel.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Things I've learned about the PX4:

1) They are great guns in every aspect you can measure greatness.
    2) Only Beretta nerds know anything about them.
    3) Holster selection is better than you think.
    4) The 'mallet issue' is more than likely sourced from a spat of a few frozen guns rather than a heat transfer defect in the rotating barrel.
    Being LE guns it's also possible they were dramatically under-lubricated. A good many cops don't seem to realize guns need lubrication.
    3/15/2016

In all my years shooting and owning weapons; I don't have the issues that 99% of the inter web gun forum complainers have. I take care of my equipment. I don't abuse them I utilize them as intended. Even in the inevitable zombie apocalypse I would not abuse my weapons. I see so much neglect at the range of ones weapons I rarely buy into the piling on of bashing any gun. I like my PX4 Storm better than my G19. However, either will do the job intended.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Being LE guns it's also possible they were dramatically under-lubricated. A good many cops don't seem to realize guns need lubrication.
    Also possibly assembled from a run of barrels or slides on the wrong side of right in terms of tolerance stack. It's likely if all the department's guns came in off the same new contract they could have all gotten Monday barrels/slides. Not an issue you see with guns bought from different distributors spread out over a few years, but can happen with a single bulk order.

Does anyone know if there have been any changes to the dimensions of the barrel, lug or slide? The design has been out a while. It seems very unlikely that there haven't been any rolling product improvements throughout the years. Shaving a few thousands off the lug or adding a few to the width of the track it moves through in the slide could have a pronounced effect on the malfunction in question.

User Tag List