Page 16 of 431 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    I am curious as to why gun companies haven't adopted a rotating barrel lock up action like the Storm? The Arsenal Strike One uses a proprietry barrel locking process. I know the Browning style works and works well but it would be nice to see some innovation. I think gun companies have gotten away from being truly innovative. For example, the Glock gen. 4 isn't innovative, its a slight evolution from gen. 3. I personally like the G4 over the G3 but its still a Glock.

I like that Beretta is willing to do something different; instead of basically copying each other. The Storm and 92 series are clearly different weapons from the rest of the crowd.
    I wish you the best of luck with the PX4. Beretta may have finally cracked the code on rotating barrels but keep in mind the rotating barrel locking system has been around for over 100 years without much success. I'm a huge fan of the 92 series but the 92 locking system is straight out of the Walther P-38. There's not much new under the sun.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-12-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    I am curious as to why gun companies haven't adopted a rotating barrel lock up action like the Storm? The Arsenal Strike One uses a proprietry barrel locking process. I know the Browning style works and works well but it would be nice to see some innovation. I think gun companies have gotten away from being truly innovative. For example, the Glock gen. 4 isn't innovative, its a slight evolution from gen. 3. I personally like the G4 over the G3 but its still a Glock.

I like that Beretta is willing to do something different; instead of basically copying each other. The Storm and 92 series are clearly different weapons from the rest of the crowd.
    The Glock is a proven design. Given the use of the product they have no reason to innovate for the sake of innovation. Innovation will happen when a company is trying to gain some ground, like Arsenal (though I don't know how it works, going on the above post).
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Shot 155 rounds today in my PX4 compact. I shoot this pistol better than my G19G4 and I am happy with the purchase. The recoil impulse is a little different feeling and the front sight tracks very flat.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Lets see what they say next week. I think there are some really good ideas flowing at this point. The best way to do this is have Beretta Italy build the guns with all right parts already in place. That will keep the price at the right place to meet what I think the market would like and pay for.
    Add my name to the list of people interested in buying one with the desired parts installed. They could just add the Couger Spring in the package if they are nervous of a light trigger.

This article will be updated in time with whatever Ernest observes (he and I worked on this together). Nothing new to folks in this thread but I tried to package it all up:

Article
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-17-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    #RESIST

Like many others, this thread has made me curious enough to maybe try it out.

I got a line on 1 with 2 15 round mags, and 2 17 round mags, a Bladetech holster and all the factory stuff for $450 - thoughts? Going rate with 2 mags seems to be $400.

Flip side is I have 2 gadgets coming... and there may be a special run of these set up the way we want one day...
    Last edited by THellURider; 08-17-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    Like many others, this thread has made me curious enough to maybe try it out.

I got a line on 1 with 2 15 round mags, and 2 17 round mags, a Bladetech holster and all the factory stuff for $450 - thoughts? Going rate with 2 mags seems to be $400.

Flip side is I have 2 gadgets coming... and there may be a special run of these set up the way we want one day...
    Where is that gun? If you don't want it someone else will, maybe me? I have good friends asking me to set some guns up for them and that would be a hell of a starter package for $450.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I had the chance to try Fred's Langdon-ized PX4 this weekend...it's nice.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Where is that gun? If you don't want it someone else will, maybe me? I have good friends asking me to set some guns up for them and that would be a hell of a starter package for $450.
    Done.

I'll grab it and try the whole idea out, if it doesn't work for me I'll let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This article will be updated in time with whatever Ernest observes (he and I worked on this together). Nothing new to folks in this thread but I tried to package it all up:

Article
    OK, I will do a little bit of an up date for you guys.

Another trip to the range today, it has been almost a week since I shot gun #2. Another 300 rounds today and still not a single issue. I am still caught off guard every time I shoot this gun as to how flat it shoots. Again today the first rounds left me with the thought in my head of "wow this thing is flat".

I am sure I will be well over 4K by the end of the week. At this point I will be surprised if there are any issues.

On another note. I did play with opening up the mag well just before the last range session a week ago. I did not mention it until now as i was wanted to see how it did for at least two range sessions. The mag well area on the PX4 is not bad for a stock gun, but as always they can be better. I have opened the mag well up a little on both of the guns I am shooting. The side to side area is not bad and considering it is a double stack gun, that makes that area easy. The front to back on the PX4 does not leave a lot of room for error and at first glance there is not much you can do. The issue is the replaceable back straps are held in place with a spring wire device that leaves a metal piece of wire across the back of the mag well. I have noted that the back straps are not easy to take off even after that spring wire is removed. I mean you need to use a screw driver to pry it off the gun.

So I decided to see how it would work if I left it off the gun all together. Doing so has allowed me to open up that back side of the mag well quite a bit. That little bit of sanding at the back side of the mag well has made a huge difference in my reloads and I am very happy with the results.

So now, almost 1000 rounds later, I have not seen any issues with leaving that spring wire out of the gun. Not saying that you should take it out and throw it away, but so far so good.

Hope this is helpful and more to follow soon.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 08-17-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List