Page 15 of 431 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Thanks to all the good feedback about the PX4 Storm compact, I picked one up tonight. I shot one about two weeks ago and then this thread started. Boom, the rest is history. Some quick observations: The pistol is robustly built, almost seems over built. Not a bad thing at all but compared to a Glock the Storm clearly has more material and thicker parts everywhere. This would explain where some of the weight comes from. The barrel is beefy. The fit and finish is very good. Well thought out pistol.

The slide mounted safety/decocker. It is a new pistol but I don't see how these levers could get moved to safe position unless done on purpose. They are stiff and the arc of motion doesn't lend itself to casual brushing to safe when overhand slide manipulations are performed. However, this is just my initial thoughts. As a lefty one of the attractions to this pistol was the slide stop on the right side. It is located where I can actually use it. My only gripe is the back-straps are a bitch to change.

I sent mine off to Robar along with a set of Stealth levers for their NP3 electroless nickel finish. This is the 2'nd one they've done for me and to me the PX4 Compact is a perfect CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Lets see what they say next week. I think there are some really good ideas flowing at this point. The best way to do this is have Beretta Italy build the guns with all right parts already in place. That will keep the price at the right place to meet what I think the market would like and pay for.
    I read much & post little. I hope this comes to fruition.

Lets see what they say next week. I think there are some really good ideas flowing at this point. The best way to do this is have Beretta Italy build the guns with all right parts already in place. That will keep the price at the right place to meet what I think the market would like and pay for.
    I'd buy one - as long as the advertised specs were the specs, not just a guideline.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I got to play with one this morning at a gun shop in town , very interesting gun! Trigger pull on that example was super smooth. If I didn't just get a CZ P07 to try out for AIWB carry I would probably pick one up... that may still happen anyway
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 08-10-2015 at 10:47 AM.

OK, so I now have just a little over 2K through the second gun. A 1,000 of that was Winchester WinClean (known for not being the most reliable ammo) and now a second PX4 has passed the 2,000 round test. So far the best hammer spring is the Cougar "D" spring. Gun has proved to be super accurate with everything I shoot in it and how I have a little over 6K through two guns and they have both been 100% reliable. Interestingly they both run the Winchester WinClean better than my 92 does. The WinClean gives me fits in the 92 pretty often. The PX4 Compact not only runs it well, it seems to shoot it very accurately also.

I have also heard that there are even more parts for the PX4 than I knew about. Turns out Beretta Italy has spent quite a bit of time developing some accessories for these guns. There are 4 different versions of the safety levers in different sizes. There are steel guide rod kits and even an improved trigger group. Basically it is a whole hammer and sear group that just drops into the frame that includes a better hammer spring. Both DA and SA are improved with this kit. I am trying to see if I can get my hands on one to try. This kit includes a stiffer cage that houses everything as well as plated parts for a smoother action.

Attachment 3685

So the project continues. So far this little gun is making me happy and doing everything I would expect it to do.

Do you have a part number for the Cougar D spring? Brownell's has a few different springs listed for the Cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    Do you have a part number for the Cougar D spring? Brownell's has a few different springs listed for the Cougar.
    I got one from David Olhasso's website a while ago. Just checked and it is not in stock on the website. But, from the first post of this thread, it looks like a WC Chrome Silicon 12lb spring would be the same.

Please make them ambidextrous. Since 20% of shooters are LH, they could sell 25% more pistols. I for one would buy an ambi one designed by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    Please make them ambidextrous. Since 20% of shooters are LH, they could sell 25% more pistols. I for one would buy an ambi one designed by you.
    That is a good point. Wonder why Glock still has not made their guns ambi?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I am curious as to why gun companies haven't adopted a rotating barrel lock up action like the Storm? The Arsenal Strike One uses a proprietry barrel locking process. I know the Browning style works and works well but it would be nice to see some innovation. I think gun companies have gotten away from being truly innovative. For example, the Glock gen. 4 isn't innovative, its a slight evolution from gen. 3. I personally like the G4 over the G3 but its still a Glock.

I like that Beretta is willing to do something different; instead of basically copying each other. The Storm and 92 series are clearly different weapons from the rest of the crowd.

User Tag List