Page 288 of 431 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I could see the TCG (not by them, but from memory, I believe the sides are shorter on the subcompact). But do you really mean reduce the reset an ALL PX4's (the C version as well)?
    Yes. He’s already learned the pistol and innards quite well. He said (big surprise coming) that he was extremely impressed with the compact. (Rotating barrel compared to the tilt of my subcompact) And given that he routinely works on Sigs, X5’s, and every other Sig Sauer P series imaginable, it was quite a compliment to the pistol.

No, I am talking about the PX4 Type C. I got one myself earlier this year. A few years ago there was a thread on another forum about shortening the trigger pull & reset of a Type C that I followed. When I finally got a Type C of my own, I did the modifications mentioned in the thread. It involves swapping in the trigger & trigger bar from an D/F/G action PX4 & using the Type C hammer & sear. The downside is that the weight of the pull increases a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AdioSS View Post
    No, I am talking about the PX4 Type C. I got one myself earlier this year. A few years ago there was a thread on another forum about shortening the trigger pull & reset of a Type C that I followed. When I finally got a Type C of my own, I did the modifications mentioned in the thread. It involves swapping in the trigger & trigger bar from an D/F/G action PX4 & using the Type C hammer & sear. The downside is that the weight of the pull increases a bit.

Exactly, your in a different conversation.
    That one is a type D conversion (F/G/D, trigger bar, trigger, and remove the sear).
    This is a conversation about ALL (the keyword I am asking about) the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Yes. He’s already learned the pistol and innards quite well. He said (big surprise coming) that he was extremely impressed with the compact. (Rotating barrel compared to the tilt of my subcompact) And given that he routinely works on Sigs, X5’s, and every other Sig Sauer P series imaginable, it was quite a compliment to the pistol.
    And just a follow up......spoke to him again today regarding my incoming comp trigger I direct mailed to him from Beretta....since that is intended for my subcompact (not completed yet) I inquired about the compact that he is impressed with........I asked him to compare the worked over PX4 compact to a Sig P Series (What he mainly works on as he is thesigarmorer.com) tuned carry trigger and he said "It's pretty close." Having shot Sig P Series for 18 years and having him work mine over, this is very exciting news to me. If my set of PX4's, once complete, are gonna have triggers that rival well tuned Sig P Series then color me very impressed and quite happy. Given current TDA development, these PX4's that EL has put a big bright ass light on, will be my main and carry platform for many years to come. Since they can be acquired for such excellent prices, I do not mind spending a little bit of cash on them to have them tuned up well. Should lead to a carry package available for everyone shortly who wants some smith work. The subcompact work will be complete some time next week as he wants to shoot them both for evaluation once both are completed. That means I'll pick them up not this weekend but the next. I'll immediately run the shit out of them and do a range report before I mail the slides off to CCR. I've got my holsters and sights picked out. About time to sell some existing pistols to fund the full size
    Last edited by Bodhi; 10-26-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Was browsing slickguns.com and found a couple places selling PX4 Compact Carry Mod 0's for ~$615. I need to order one of those very soon.

Had my first malfunction with it today. Gun # 1, about 700 rounds, failure to eject/stove pipe. Brass was baaaarely hanging out on extractor but it was hanging out nonetheless. Good ammo, 147 gr Lawman. Examined the gun at home, it was bone dry. I hope that it is all to it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Ordered 12# and 13# hammer springs from W.C. They showed up today, got the 12# installed, WOW! What a huge improvement over the stock spring..Why they don't come like this from the factory, is beyond me.. Now I need to get the 650 fired up and make some ammo, and take this for a test drive..
    Last edited by ralph; 10-27-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Had my first malfunction with it today. Gun # 1, about 700 rounds, failure to eject/stove pipe. Brass was baaaarely hanging out on extractor but it was hanging out nonetheless. Good ammo, 147 gr Lawman. Examined the gun at home, it was bone dry. I hope that it is all to it.
    YVK, just out of curiosity which Mod do you have? Is your barrel treated with NP3 or NP3+? I've wondered if the NP3 would help ensure function on the PX4 line when dry or gritty. It would be interesting if you have a repeated failure to extract if the gun runs dry again.
    Last edited by Mike C; 10-27-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Ordered 12# and 13# hammer springs from W.C. They showed up today, got the 12# installed, WOW! What a huge improvement over the stock spring..Why they don't come like this from the factory, is beyond me.. Now I need to get the 650 fired up and make some ammo, and take this for a test drive..
    I've got 2 spare 14 lbs WC chrome silicon springs laying around that I'm going to try before I order the 12 lbs WC chrome silicon hammer spring. I have a feeling I'll end up having to order the 12 lbs spring.
    Anyone try the 14 lbs WC CS hammer spring in the FS PX4?
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 10-27-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    YVK, just out of curiosity which Mod do you have?
    Not NP3'd, Mike. Normally, I'd say extractor with a stove pipe, but with these guns I don't know how rotating barrel contributes. I will run this one dry at some point, although from other sources my info is that these do not tolerate dryness nearly as well as Glocks and HKs do.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List