Page 431 of 431 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431
Results 4,301 to 4,309 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Yes but other than the length spec is there a real life detriment to the shorter barrel?
    They are louder and closer to your face while at it. Plus fatdog's point.

Edit for an anecdote: A friend has been having me go to the range with him periodically to administer some testing, run some drills, and generally hold him accountable to a higher standard than Dirt Shooter. Shooting from retention, a G43 rattles him while a G19 does not.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    For anyone who has a Holosun EPS on an PX4 compact using Langdon’s plate and front sight, can you measure the height of the front sight from the flat on the top of the slide, please? Thanks.
    Bump.

And exceptionally well done review video IMO.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Bump.
    I had reached out to Langdon about the same thing. Those super tall sites are OK on my 92G Elite, but not on a carry gun.

Here is their reply:

Chris,
    Yes we do, if you order the eps plate it comes with the eps height front sight.
    If you have any other questions please let me know.
    Thanks
    JS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand. Do you have an EPS front sight you can measure?

Sorry, i do not. I was querying LTT because i’ve been on the fence about either buying one from Langdon or just waiting until the compact Carry comes out (and getting the slide cut later). I still have a spare Beretta PX4 competition trigger unit sitting in a box somewhere.

Site Supporter

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

FWIW, the EPS front sight is about .280” tall, measured from the top of the slide.

I previously had an RMR on one of my PX4CC’s, and found the reduced height from the EPS was well worth the upgrade.

I swapped the sights out myself when I switched to the EPS plate, but it was enough of a hassle that if I was doing it over, I’d probably just send the slide to LTT instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    FWIW, the EPS front sight is about .280” tall, measured from the top of the slide.

I previously had an RMR on one of my PX4CC’s, and found the reduced height from the EPS was well worth the upgrade.

I swapped the sights out myself when I switched to the EPS plate, but it was enough of a hassle that if I was doing it over, I’d probably just send the slide to LTT instead.
    I have never seen tighter fitting sights than on a PX4. I gave up on doing it myself and gave it to my gunsmith. He charged me an extra $20 because he told me it was such a pain in the ass for him.

Happy 7th Birthday to my Px4 CC! Seven years ago I made a run to Cabela’s to give this guy a forever home after reading up on this pistol here on P-F. I’ve made upgrades as things evolved. LTT - TJIAB with spurless hammer, 11lb hammer spring, carry levers and the G2 RDO solution. Thousands of rounds and countless dry fire strokes. i was lucky as hell and scored a spare slide on eBay so I have an iron sight optional slide with Ameriglo’s. Seven years later and it’s still my primary daily with either JM Custom Kydex or Black Rhino Concealment. Seven years later and this is still the most reliable and consistent pistol for me to shoot fast and accurate from drill to drill. I continue to sample new platforms that come to market including the industry line of “slims.” This is the most reliable pistol for me. What I mean is the frequency of coming out of the holster fumble frequency is close to zero. I have a much lower reliability and much higher fumble frequency with the crop of slim lines. A much higher rate of coming out of the holster against the clock with a not so perfect grip due to width, angle or length. A sincere “Thank you!” to Ernest and LTT!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Tag List