Page 25 of 431 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Do any of y'all know if the rail on the compact will take an Inforce APL?

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Do any of y'all know if the rail on the compact will take an Inforce APL?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Yes

That appears to be a full size PX4. The Compact has an abbreviated dust cover that looks like it'd be too short to mount a light.

I'm pretty invested in Glocks so it isn't a huge deal for me, but my EDC wears a weapon mounted light, so that would definitely be a deciding factor in whether or not I'd pick one up.
    Last edited by Eli; 08-30-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    That appears to be a full size PX4. The Compact has an abbreviated dust cover that looks like it'd be too short to mount a light.

I'm pretty invested in Glocks so it isn't a huge deal for me, but my EDC wears a weapon mounted light, so that would definitely be a deciding factor in whether or not I'd pick one up.

It HAS to be an Inforce APL?

I tried mounting my inforce on my compact and it would not fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by klake575 View Post
    I tried mounting my inforce on my compact and it would not fit.
    Thanks.....that's what I figured.

OK, another quick update for you guys. I just completed a two day shooting class with a buddy of my from the LASOs SEB team. This was his first open class, but the class was and all LE class. Class was put on by John Montenegro of Black Mountain Tactical. John has about 20 year with LASO including 6 years on their SEB team and about 10 years I think on patrol in Compton. John put on a great class and had a great focus on being accountable for every shot you fire from an LEO perspective. I hope he is able to teach more and let others gain from his years of experience. John is still a full time member of the SEB Team which keeps him very busy. I am lucky to have been able to get into the class.

I shot the whole class with the PX4 Compact and was able to shoot 96% on the 5 shooting test that John runs in his Tactical Pistol Class. These test included a Bull's Eye course of fire (California FI POST Qual), the 10 in 10 drill, Gunsight 250 qual, Par Timed El Prez, and the SWAT Qual.

I now have almost 8K through gun #2, my count it 7,980, but I could be off by a few rounds. For those of you that are tracking, I was running a cut down #12 hammer spring (three coils cut off). Gun has run fine with federal and factory winchester primers. I had three failures to fire with Winchester WinClean ammo inside of about 800 rounds earlier this week (all of them fired on the second strike). I switched back to the Cougar D spring and shot another 1000 rounds of WinClean with no issues at all. Interestingly i was shooting the same WinClean ammo as many of the LEOs in the class. Many of them shooting M&P pistols also had some failures to fire in the class with those stock guns. So this could just a random issue and for sure is an issue with slightly harder primers in this lead free ammo.

Outside of that I have not had a single issue or any other type of malfunction in the 8k of random ammo i have put through the gun.

I will tell you this, the Trijicon HDs are not the best sights for 25 yard Bull's Eye in the bright California sun

Cheers,

Ernest
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thanks for the update!

I shot mine yesterday for the 1st time. It was a casual range trip and not a "work" trip but generally speaking, I liked it. Not enough to get me to switch from my Glocks but I enjoyed shooting it. I have 2 issues that maybe you can help me with:

1. I can't get the small backstrap off the gun to mount the larger backstraps and I think I need to go to the medium.
    2. The reset on this trigger seems long and light and I found myself not letting it out far enough several times

Side note: Shot my G43 as well for the first time. Impressive little thing!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    The PX4 Compact does have ambidextrous slide releases. I am right handed so I took the other lever off to make the gun slimmer.
    I'm as southpaw as they come, but for me a slide release lever on the right side of the pistol frame is the equivalent of you-know-what on a boar hog. I can hit most standard slide releases faster with my left hand trigger finger or middle finger faster than most right handed shooters can get to it with their thumb. A southpaw 'friendly' slide release also hinders a thumbs-high grip. That's one of the reasons I have a love/hate relationship with my CZ-85.
    Last edited by bharen; 09-07-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by THellURider View Post
    Thanks for the update!

1. I can't get the small backstrap off the gun to mount the larger backstraps and I think I need to go to the medium.
    The backstrap takes a bit if prying once the wire is removed. I used a plastic putty knive to pry it off.

User Tag List