Page 429 of 431 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429430431 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Put way too much a.k.a. just enough lube on the fullsize and made some time for the range today.

Ran ~80 rounds through the fullsize and ~120 rounds through the compact. For targets I run S&B 124-grain which is 1200fps NATO-powered, and +P/.40/.45 recoil assemblies to match that warm ammo (of which, the compact one is new!). Just some re-zeroing and then hammer pairs to get back the feel of keeping a dot returning to zero, with my elongated palms and girl-wrists.

The fullsize ran flawlessly, which was a relief. The compact had one FTF, but thankfully the jam was graceful enough to leave the slide resting almost all the way locked back, so a simple tap-rack put it back in battery. I guess I could attribute that one to needing more lube???

The compact also experienced another funny failure common to both guns, that happens when I'm careless about putting my pistols back together: the disassembly (slide takedown) latch, and the spring that pushes it up, can end up not fully extended as high as it can be, which can cause the slide to jump forwards over it. Still in battery, just way waaaay out of the reach of the hammer. I think I could probably use some replacements for that latch spring too.

Name:  20230905_204933_lmc_8.4_1.jpg
Views: 1355
Size:  55.4 KB

While I'm here, have another look at my Compact. As you might be able to tell, it has a lot of stupid stories behind it. It was also my first handgun!

Stupid story #1: Started off as a 2019 Compact Carry before LTT offered RDO cuts for it (this was also before the Optimized Perf Trigger Bar and skeletonized match hammer)--Wright Armory offered a Glock MOS cut for it with some modifications to the top end, so hey why not??????? Big regret later when LTT made their RDO annoucement. At one point there was an honest-to-goodness Aimpoint Acro P-1 on there, with a specially drilled adapter plate. The idea for the SCS-MOS only occurred to me just this summer. I can barely see the original Ameriglo irons through the window now!

Stupid story #2: I am an idiot with a vise and using it once without padding is one of the abuse marks you can see on the Sniper Gray cerakote.

Stupid story #3: You ever hear of a guy who takes 9 months to stipple a frame? I met a guy like that once, who was supposedly running a legit business. I won't call him out on this. To put myself in his shoes, I'll just say this--I know what it's like to be an artist (and a perfectionist) at heart, and not a workman with a trained schedule. He is no longer in business.

Stupid story #4: (Multiple) Olights. And at least one holster made for one of them, I can't remember anymore.

By the way, if it's an upgrade that LTT offers for the Px4, it's already on this gun. Carry beveling and barrel crowning and everything. I have sacrificed all worldly possessions for this bizarrely accessorized money pit, and there is no turning back. Going to drop her into a JM Custom Kydex made for the TLR-7Sub and the Phlster Enigma hopefully later this month and finally call her done.
    Last edited by Sidesaddle Cavalry; 09-07-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    The compact had one FTF, but thankfully the jam was graceful enough to leave the slide resting almost all the way locked back, so a simple tap-rack put it back in battery. I guess I could attribute that one to needing more lube???
    Without seeing or experiencing the malfunction, this sounds like the slide stop was getting engaged during recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post

Stupid story #4: (Multiple) Olights. And at least one holster made for one of them, I can't remember anymore.

Going to drop her into a JM Custom Kydex made for the TLR-7Sub and the Phlster Enigma hopefully later this month and finally call her done.
    I spend a lot of time on forums helping folks find holsters. For holsters for guns with mounted lights, I always suggest they start with the holster and find who makes what holster for what gun/light combo, and then pick a light based on holster availability. There are a lot of good light options, but not all holsters are available for all lights.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Without seeing or experiencing the malfunction, this sounds like the slide stop was getting engaged during recoil.
    Right. After that post I did end up pickup up one of the SD spring set boxes, on the off chance that neither the takedown latch spring nor the slide stop spring were acceptable anymore.

Well, I went from trying a full-size, to listing it for sale, to pulling that ad and committing to the PX4 platform, to finding out the damn thing’ll shoot, to buying a compact to go with it today lol. I haven’t shot it yet, but I’m excited to get it out. My full-size has just about every LTT upgrade you can get (TJIAB, NP3, carry levers, RDO cut, Stealth slide release, etc.), while the compact just has carry levers, a 12# spring, and a single-sided slide release. The difference between a stock action and the TJIAB is stark, but the compact isn’t horrible per se. I was surprised at just how much smaller it was, almost mistaking it for a subcompact at first.

I’m not positive if I’ll send it in for an RDO or not, but I’m leaning heavily towards yes. Seeing as I still need an optic for my RDO full-size though, it’ll be awhile yet before I have the funds to send the compact in. I do plan to scrimp and save enough pennies to at least get a TJIAB for it over Black Friday, but it’s been a lean year. Buying the compact was itself a stretch, and I feel like I should stack ammo deeper, but we’ll see. I do plan to carry DA/SA almost exclusively starting next year though so if I want continuity in feel and performance from the full to the compact… Decisions, decisions!

I am a huge fan of LTT TJIBs in our 92s but here is a low $ tip for your compact because it is what I did to mine. Install an 11 or 12# hammer spring from LTT. If you have a dremel w/ a polishing wheel on it, polish a few parts while they are out of the gun. No this isn't a suBstitute for a TJIB, but it will definitely make the trigger nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I am a huge fan of LTT TJIBs in our 92s but here is a low $ tip for your compact because it is what I did to mine. Install an 11 or 12# hammer spring from LTT. If you have a dremel w/ a polishing wheel on it, polish a few parts while they are out of the gun. No this isn't a suBstitute for a TJIB, but it will definitely make the trigger nicer.
    Yes sir, it has a 12# in it already, though I may try an 11# just to see how it does. But polishing things up some will definitely help, as will good ol’ dry fire practice with enough time. 🙂 You can usually find stock competition trigger groups for well under $100 during black Friday sales, so if I bought one of those and polished it myself I’d be saving $100 or so over a TJIAB, but we’ll see. I don’t recall the differences between the factory action and the competition, so I’ll dig around some on that. I might be happy with an Optimized trigger bar, an 11# spring, and a polished factory action. Thanks!

I think GJM may have posted this in another Beretta PX4 thread, but since this is a PX4 Compact thread, I thought it should have this link also

For anyone who has a Holosun EPS on an PX4 compact using Langdon’s plate and front sight, can you measure the height of the front sight from the flat on the top of the slide, please? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    For anyone who has a Holosun EPS on an PX4 compact using Langdon’s plate and front sight, can you measure the height of the front sight from the flat on the top of the slide, please? Thanks.
    I’m curious about this - I have EPS on both of my LTT 92s, and am curious if they carried over the much lower front sight to the PX4CC too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List