Page 428 of 431 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I did some more digging on my problem child PX4C and noticed that the extractor would barely move when I tried to wiggle it by hand. My other PX4’s extractor was firm, but would move with finger pressure pretty easily.

I took the extractor out and cleaned the extractor & extractor channel. It moves much better now. Hopefully that fixes it.

I had thought that the extractor might be the problem for a while but I had avoided looking at it because I didn’t want to take the optic & plate off :-P
    I hope that works. My training p2000 I bought was a security guards gun, so carried a lot and shot little. It still had the factory grease in it from 2004... the gun shoot great but I did notice that it didn't extract as robustly as my carry p2000. Cleaned the extractor (it has 19 years of crud worked in there) and it ejects spent casing like a hk should now.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I hope that works. My training p2000 I bought was a security guards gun, so carried a lot and shot little. It still had the factory grease in it from 2004... the gun shoot great but I did notice that it didn't extract as robustly as my carry p2000. Cleaned the extractor (it has 19 years of crud worked in there) and it ejects spent casing like a hk should now.
    Even with the rounds in backwards?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Even with the rounds in backwards?
    It's an hk, she always works

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Extraction was always fine; the issue was that the gun would fail to return to battery when shooting, even when clean and generously lubricated. My current theory is that the case rim just couldn’t slide under the extractor because it was bound up. I’ll have to test fire it to confirm.

Update: the gun runs great now.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    Update: the gun runs great now.
    Very good to hear. I have the same problems with at least one, if not both, my (earlier-model) fullsize and (2019) compact Px4, and would like to know if I should inspect and replace/re-install my extractor after a deep clean--Is it something that I should seek a professional's assistance with, if the extent of my gunsmithing knowledge is replacing red dot plates and magazine baseplates?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Very good to hear. I have the same problems with at least one, if not both, my (earlier-model) fullsize and (2019) compact Px4, and would like to know if I should inspect and replace/re-install my extractor after a deep clean--Is it something that I should seek a professional's assistance with, if the extent of my gunsmithing knowledge is replacing red dot plates and magazine baseplates?
    IDK, maybe? @PX4 Storm Tracker suggested I look at the extractor and I noticed that it was very hard to move by hand. If you notice the same, it might be worth looking at.

Also I am generally a doofus with tools but removing an extractor only requires a roll pin punch and a small hammer. It's not a difficult job. At worst, if you can't get it back in you can take it to a gunsmith and they will probably have it reinstalled in a few minutes (after a short chuckle at your expense).

Name:  20230904_165049_lmc_8.4_1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  20230904_164701_lmc_8.4_1.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  65.0 KB

Clean your extractors and extractor recesses, everyone.

Love mine. I converted it to a G model and swapped the WML to a Streamlight since I made the photo. It goes well with my CX-4, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidesaddle Cavalry View Post
    Name:  20230904_165049_lmc_8.4_1.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  20230904_164701_lmc_8.4_1.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  65.0 KB

Clean your extractors and extractor recesses, everyone.
    God damn that bottom extractor looks rough.

Hope it runs after a good cleaning.

User Tag List