Page 296 of 431 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite68 View Post
    Hello, I just found this thread and it is an absolute wealth of information regarding the PX4 line!

I have a question for Mr. Langdon or perhaps anyone else who might be able to add insight. I have a MOD 4 Compact Carry that I purchased from Robar and I also had Robar refinish three additional magazines in NP3 Plus, my question is, do the magazines that come with the MOD 5 enhance feed reliability or is the modification just designed to aid in faster magazine changes and magazine loading? If the modification does enhance feed reliability, would you advise I have my six magazines modified? So far I have 500 rds through my MOD 4 and have had zero issues.

Thanks for any input or suggestions!
    The beveled edges of the magazines aid in faster reloads. The corner on the factory magazines often gets snagged on the bottom of the grip when doing reloads under time pressure; beveling that edge helps to alleviate that issue somewhat. Worth it and almost a necessity on drills like the FAST and D2R2, etc.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Stuff like this just pisses me off. That is cheaper than ROBAR or I can buy them from Beretta. I don't know how they can sell them for that price and it just kills the value of the gun. Sometimes I hate this industry!
    Part of me wonders if they even know. They have the same gun, listed in two different area's, at different prices. The other price is $644.26 and that is listed as a special.
    This time of year, it could even be a black friday special/loss leader to get people to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Part of me wonders if they even know. They have the same gun, listed in two different area's, at different prices. The other price is $644.26 and that is listed as a special.
    This time of year, it could even be a black friday special/loss leader to get people to buy.
    One has black poly slide the other grey cerakote slide.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MEH View Post
    One has black poly slide the other grey cerakote slide.
    It does?
    The picture doesn't match the item description, OR the model number, which ends in EL.

I ran about 100 more rounds through my CC today. I don't have a holster yet, so I ran a few drills from low ready and I compared them to a few runs through my Glocks. I shot the CC better. I really like the smooth DA pull. Almost like a good S&W revolver.

I am learning the timing on the CC. It is different from my Glocks. I have been a re-setter for years, but I think I do better with a flip and press with the CC. One of the last drills was a 5 yard Bill Drill. I ran it hard with splits in the high teens. 3 hits in the down zero and 3 started to creep up a little.

I hope I can get a holster before the next match.

85 rounds of Wolf 115 steel case today. The steel case sticks in the magazines sometimes. All 85 went bang and hit the target but I had some failure to feed.

I put some skateboard tape on the grip and it helped. I have 2 more magazines ordered and I ordered a couple of Wilson 12# springs. I like the stock trigger so well that I probably won't use them.

I'm a little late to this party but I'm having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I ordered a couple of Wilson 12# springs. I like the stock trigger so well that I probably won't use them.
    You say that now, but just you wait until you try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You say that now, but just you wait until you try one.
    My thoughts exactly.. OP, put the 12lb spring in when it shows up. You won't believe it's the same pistol after installing it, it's that good.

A quick question for the PF crew:
    What would the proposed street value be of a PX4CC Mod 4? It was a secondary gun with 250 rounds logged on it. (Primary PX4 CC Mod4 has 3k and rising) Looking to potential seed the Wilson 92g Centurion or an STI 2011 DVC Carry... for fun. Having a hard time arriving at what would be fair. Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    A quick question for the PF crew:
    What would the proposed street value be of a PX4CC Mod 4? It was a secondary gun with 250 rounds logged on it. (Primary PX4 CC Mod4 has 3k and rising) Looking to potential seed the Wilson 92g Centurion or an STI 2011 DVC Carry... for fun. Having a hard time arriving at what would be fair. Thank you in advance.
    One just sold here, presumably for $950.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List