Page 407 of 431 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 4309

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

New PX4 Is Here

Picked up my new PX4 today. It is all lubed and greased and ready to go but still undecided on the optic to use. Anyone have any experience running an SRO. I have heard that it may cause a failure to eject, but others do not seem to be having any issues. The other sight I have is an RMR. Either will fit on the LTT optic cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wow! What a Sweet Action

Finally had a chance to head to the range today. Decided to use the SRO, which I zeroed at 15 yards (cause with my eye issues I can't see the center box well enough past that). My other DA/SA is a CZ 75 SP01 and the triggers could not feel more different. I feel like the DA pull on the PX4 is significantly "longer?" "heavier" in that there is a lot of time to back off the trigger before the hammer falls--at least more than I was expecting. In contrast, the SA pull is sooo sooo sooo light (lightest of all the pistols I currently own) that it surprised me the first few times. Once I figured out the wall, however, I settled down fairly well. Took a long time to make sure I had a good zero so, did not get to shoot more than 100 rounds but here are the first 10 at 10 yards: Name:  10 yards.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  31.3 KB

Full 15 round mag at 15 yards:Name:  15 yards.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  29.9 KB

And just a couple of mag dumps at 20:Name:  20 yards.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  32.4 KB

This is the kind of pistol that lets you know when you are off, but even in mistake the groups were relatively close. Obviously need more practice, the critical point is getting used to the compact size which is less forgiving than a full size but boy what a pistol.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone had issues with failures to feed on these?

I recently got a PX4C RDO, and it’s a great shooting gun but it is really easy to induce a failure to feed, especially when shooting SHO. Even freshly cleaned and lubed, it’s got a very pronounced hangup when chambering a round if anything at all is slowing the slide down. I’m pretty new to guns, and coming into the px4 from glocks which are in my experience pretty laissez faire about lubrication, so I’m sure that at least part of the issue I’m having is related to that. It almost seems like the angle of the feed ramp is too steep, but I think it’s more likely that I’m missing something rather than that beretta got something wrong at the factory. However, it’s because of QC problems at the beretta factory that I have the PX4 instead of the LTT compact I initially ordered, so who knows.

Site Supporter
    I've got the full-size version with a Holoson 507c on it and it's been 100% both before and after the milling. What ammo are you using?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've got the full-size version with a Holoson 507c on it and it's been 100% both before and after the milling. What ammo are you using?
    The most recent range session I was using range reloads, which at my range are normally better than you’d think. They seemed dirtier than usual and poorer quality this time, so they may have been the issue. The slide hanging up is something that happens across the board though, with everything from range reloads to 124 AE to 147 HST.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    The most recent range session I was using range reloads, which at my range are normally better than you’d think. They seemed dirtier than usual and poorer quality this time, so they may have been the issue. The slide hanging up is something that happens across the board though, with everything from range reloads to 124 AE to 147 HST.
    It sounds like you bought it new from LTT. I'd email them Tuesday and tell them what's been going on. They might want you to send it back so they can check it out. In the meantime, there's a video on LTT's Youtube channel specifically on cleaning and lubing the PX4, it might be worth a look for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It sounds like you bought it new from LTT. I'd email them Tuesday and tell them what's been going on. They might want you to send it back so they can check it out. In the meantime, there's a video on LTT's Youtube channel specifically on cleaning and lubing the PX4, it might be worth a look for you.
    Good call. I figured I’d check here first in case this was a common issue with new PX4Cs, or if it was a break in problem or something else I hadn’t considered.

I’ve watched that video a few times actually, and have tried to follow it as best I can. I don’t have any thicker lubes or greases right now, but it seems to me that the difference between those and the thin stuff I’m using is longevity rather than lubricity, and even freshly lubed and cleaned the hangup issue persists.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    Has anyone had issues with failures to feed on these?

I recently got a PX4C RDO, and it’s a great shooting gun but it is really easy to induce a failure to feed, especially when shooting SHO. Even freshly cleaned and lubed, it’s got a very pronounced hangup when chambering a round if anything at all is slowing the slide down. I’m pretty new to guns, and coming into the px4 from glocks which are in my experience pretty laissez faire about lubrication, so I’m sure that at least part of the issue I’m having is related to that. It almost seems like the angle of the feed ramp is too steep, but I think it’s more likely that I’m missing something rather than that beretta got something wrong at the factory. However, it’s because of QC problems at the beretta factory that I have the PX4 instead of the LTT compact I initially ordered, so who knows.
    I talked about having this issue with mine a ways earlier in the thread. After a few hundred rounds without lubrication, it would fail to feed in the way you're describing. Giving it a good whack on the magazine (the "tap" part of tap-rack) would send the slide home. It wore in and stopped doing that after a thousand rounds or so.

My current theory is that either I wasn't lubricating it right (these guns have a rotating-barrel operating system that has different friction points than a standard Browning tilting-barrel action) or that the Cerakote on the slide was creating friction where the barrel locks into the slide.

Make sure you're lubricating it properly (see here). If that doesn't help, it might be worth contacting LTT.

E: One of my posts is here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....342#post948342
    Last edited by perlslacker; 09-04-2021 at 10:07 PM.

My PX4CC also experienced numerous failures to feed per magazine initially. My assumption was the cerakote finish had a lot of friction where the rotating barrel locks up with the slide. I kept it covered in slip 2000 for a couple hundred rounds and the problem resolved and the gun runs well if not bone dry.

Mine seemed to cycle slowly but I don't recall any failures.
    David S.

User Tag List