Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk p2000 lem

Sighting options was a concern for me too. I've since had a sub-dermal implant to alleviate the knife-like slashes from the HD rear sight. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    Sighting options was a concern for me too. I've since had a sub-dermal implant to alleviate the knife-like slashes from the HD rear sight. [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Is the P2000 rear HD sight sharp? The Glock one sure is but I don't recall the P300 rear HD being too bad.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Dang you guys. Now I have to get a P2000 to see what all the hubbub is about!
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

That's the only thing that's bummed me out about the P-2000. The lack of aftermarket sights for it. IMO the P2K is about the perfect size, and yet, all this time after it's introduction sight selection is dismal, at best. I've never understood why.. On mine, (LEM gun) I just went with a set of Meps they're the same as the sights that came on it, and the POA/POI is the same..

This thread caused me to pull out my P2000 LEM .40 and DA/SA 9. Just been shooting 25 yard 3x5 groups and 7 yard dots. They are fantastic little pistols, and shoot great, if you are willing to shoot them at HK speed. Seems like things get ugly when you push speed.

New proposed marketing slogan. HK P2000, for the man who demands quality, and doesn't own a shot timer.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    New proposed marketing slogan. HK P2000, for the man who demands quality, and doesn't own a shot timer.
    Rumor has it I may be acquiring one shortly. I will definitely be putting it on the timer. Going from P30 v3 to LEM has been fun.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Rumor has it I may be acquiring one shortly. I will definitely be putting it on the timer. Going from P30 v3 to LEM has been fun.
    I am just messin' with the HK fan boys.

While I prefer the lighter First LEM shot, I prefer SA for the follow-up shots.

This thread caused me to pull out my P2000 LEM .40 and DA/SA 9. Just been shooting 25 yard 3x5 groups and 7 yard dots. They are fantastic little pistols, and shoot great, if you are willing to shoot them at HK speed. Seems like things get ugly when you push speed.

You know you can just say "nyeti" and quit beating around the bush...

Reality.....they are not miracle shooting guns. You are not going to slay Rogers with one. You will not do well in USPSA. There are better "shooting" guns. They ARE a great daily carry pistol for dealing with daily carry and LE type problems. It is a problem solving gun. It is forgiving of errors, great for both pre and post shooting management, great for AIWB, and a good size for a 24/7 365 gun that is mostly carried concealed but also used for training and classes. It is a near perfect undercover LE gun. I really like mine as a travel gun. I also find they conceal well with the flat base plates, but I shoot them better with the extended ones.

The important thing to remember is that the LEM has some very good benefits for some very practical things that are mostly on the gun handling part of the equation.....that will come with some extra working on the marksmanship and shooting side of the equation that will need some dedicated work.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I am just messin' with the HK fan boys.

While I prefer the lighter First LEM shot, I prefer SA for the follow-up shots.
    I spent many rounds with the v3. But I do like the LEM, the transition has been easy.
    Taking a break from social media.

Darryl, after perusing the "getting old" thread, I may send a USP Compact .40 back to the HK mothership for them to install most of a DA/SA match trigger and a thumb safety, for use when I start wearing a belt and suspenders.

User Tag List