Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk p2000 lem

I have a P30 LEM v1 right now.

Can anybody tell me what the biggest differences between the P2000 LEM I am looking at and the P30 LEM v1 I have now would be?

As far as shooting impressions, ease of carry ETC

Both in 9mm

This is only an example of one, me - a mediocre shooter.

P30 vs P2000

P30 easier to reload (mag release larger and magwell extends below my grip on the pistol (of my hand)
    P30 With my grip, I'm less likely to induce a failure to lock back due to grip. But, I've since adjusted my grip on both (sort of a flying thumbs grip)
    P30 My follow up shots are about .10-.15 faster
    P30 More sight options (Heinie, 10-8, etc)

P2000 is easier to conceal for me (shorting grip - once I replace the mag floorplates with the flat ones instead of the finger rest ones)
    P2000 less coarse grip side panels more forgiving when not wearing an undershirt than the P30 spidey grip.
    P2000 Mags don't dig into my ribs in the spare mag pouch like the longer P30 mags do
    P2000 transition to slack/take-up less pronounced than my P30

Hope this helps - I'm 5'8", 173 and short of short wasted...

That does help a lot.

Thank you sir.

(*might* be shooting myself in the perverbial foot here...)

there's 2 reasons why I'm letting mine go...
    1) got it because LEM. turns out, i'm not a LEM guy
    2) when I run the gun at speed, during reloads I've gotten a really NASTY mag well bite several times. maybe it's the geometry of my hands, I don't know. I DO know it hurts like unholy hell and takes a couple days to go away when it happens.

YMMV
    IANAL
    SAR
    ISAAHI
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    2) when I run the gun at speed, during reloads I've gotten a really NASTY mag well bite several times. maybe it's the geometry of my hands, I don't know. I DO know it hurts like unholy hell and takes a couple days to go away when it happens.
    I certainly can see that as being a problem. Do G19 guys have the same problem? It seems as if they would.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I certainly can see that as being a problem. Do G19 guys have the same problem? It seems as if they would.
    It is originally known as a Glock 19 palm bite. Every single short grip gun I have or had does that. G19, P2000SK, SIG 228, CZ P-01, Beretta 92 Compact. The only solution is a use of full sized mags for reloads.

My reload mag for the P2000 is a P30 mag . No pinching since.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    It's really weird. P30 doesn't do it. P2000SK with 10/13/15 rnd mags doesn't do it. Only the P2000 with the stock 13rnd mags do it, and with either the flush or finger plates. And, it only happens if I run it at full speed. If i'm casual/not caring with my reloads it doesn't happen. Only when I actually CARE about reloading does it do it.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

What are folks running for sights on their P2000 pistols? I have a few .40's and they regulate with Trijicon classic three dot sights. I have a P2000 9 LEM with HD sights, and it hits low at 25 yards. Not sure if it is something about the HD heights or 9 mm needing a shorter front sight than the .40's. Looking at the Trijicon website, the dimensions seem equivalent on the classic and HD sights.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Have Jojo's shave front sights on your HD sets to whatever is feasible. Got me to POA/POI with my SK.

If I were to quit HKs for Glocks, it would be solely for the reason of pain of getting the sights set up exactly the way I want them.

User Tag List