Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk p2000 lem

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

I found a company selling P2000 V1's on line.
    Link?

I have one in .40. It's a handful in that caliber. It does conceal better than the P30 I have. I would invest in the flat base pads too. I also like the LEM in the P2000 over the one in my P30. The trigger pull weight is the same, however I feel the P2000 has less take-up and a more positive reset than the P30. They're both V2's.
    Last edited by MRW; 07-05-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added pistol LEM versions

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    DB.
    Is yours the gray guns version that was a steal a while back? How's it compare to you V1s and V2s?
    Yep. I was of the same opinion of my TLG LEM P2000 as my favorite AIWB gun followed very closely by the hK45C. They are near perfect AIWB guns to me. The Grayguns variants are awesome. The improvement is not "huge", but it is like a refinement that just makes them right. It essentially takes the "German police & military" reset length out of the gun. They are simply a little more forgiving and refined than the stock versions. I have never spent the "Grayguns" money myself as I always felt ammo was a better spend on the money, but I have numerous Grayguns HK's that I bought second hand, and all are exceptional. Basically, I really enjoy the refinement and they quickly become my favorites of their type.
    The new P2000 has seen a ton of dry work while waiting for the range to dry out and it should get a live outing next week. It is sitting next to me as I type this. The second I verify function and sights, it will go in the carry rotation. I head out to Lake Havasu in a couple weeks and it should see a ton of carry there.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

To create a TLG LEM P2000, is it easier to start out with a V1 or a V2? Or does it really matter?

Am I correct in that the difference is in what springs are in the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Thank you sir

Without experience switching TRS and/or a tool/"the tool I think it's easier to go from a V2 to a TLG.

Changing Hammer Spring and Trigger Block Spring was simple for me with just a punch and armorer's block.

Other's might feel differently though. I need to figure out how to switch out the TRS myself soon. Right of passage and all that.

A P2000 LEM has been my primary carry for the past three years, and I'm very happy with it. Actually three of them, one P2000 in 9mm for most of the time, and one P2000 in .357 Sig for a woods gun, plus a P2000sk in 9mm for the occasional harder to conceal situations. The latter two get much less use. All of mine are set up as V4, I like the stronger reset. Most of my mags are flat base plate, and the extended mag release is helpful and is on all three pistols.

I'll probably never dump my gen 2 G19, but it's less compelling in a 10-round limit state. The 10 round HK mags, like everything else about the P2000, are totally reliable. The only stoppage I've ever had among the three HK's was due to bad ammo, a visibly mis-formed WWB bullet that didn't feed. I also find the P2000 to be a little more accurate than a G19. Finally, the P2000 just fits my hand better.

Site Supporter
    What is everyone doing for sights on their P2000s? I like a fiber optic front and a u-notch rear and lack of sights in that configuration is all that's kept me from buying one.

I'm using Trijicon HDs and really like them. In fact, I have the HDs on all of my HKs (5 of them).
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List