Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk p2000 lem

I have been real low on .45 Super ammo, but just got more in, and decided to confirm zero at 25 yards with my stock USP .45 and Buffalo Bore 230 FMJ-FP .45 Super ammo. I shot fairly quickly, and this is typical of what I had remembered about how this gun/ammo combo shoots.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I broke my own rule about HK owners using a timer today, after finishing my USP timer shenanigans.

I really, really enjoy the P2000. My P2000 is stock, except it has Mepro OEM night sights, which I have modified by using a Sharpie on the rear dots, painting the front sight orange, and I switched to a Wolff 12 pound hammer spring. I did a walk back on an 8 inch steel, shooting DA, and didn't run out of one shot hits to 80 yards. I then did 4/5 DA on the 8 inch at 50 yards. Ran a sub 5 FAST, despite a 2.18 second reload. Shot a 2.01 clean Bill drill from 7. Did a pile of one hand shooting. Did 10/10 on draws to a two inch at 7.

My biggest issue is I reload the P2000 like crap. Partly that is familiarity, but I think I need to change to the 45C mag release, as that is slow getting the mag out. Also, it seems easy to screw up the insertion with the P2000 mag. Any thoughts whether a P30 mag would be easier to insert, or other suggestions beyond dry fire?

For kicks today I shot a P30v1 with 10-8 Performance RS and Dawson Tritium FS, P2K v2 with Trijicon 3 dot, and P2KSK v2 with stock 3 dots, back to back on the 10-10-10 from concealment (JRC AIWB II) Times and scores for all guns were sub 9 seconds with scores over 94. I was surprised by the equality........ agitated as well.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My biggest issue is I reload the P2000 like crap. Partly that is familiarity, but I think I need to change to the 45C mag release
    I plan to order two of the .45c releases for this exact reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For kicks today I shot a P30v1 with 10-8 Performance RS and Dawson Tritium FS, P2K v2 with Trijicon 3 dot, and P2KSK v2 with stock 3 dots, back to back on the 10-10-10 from concealment (JRC AIWB II) Times and scores for all guns were sub 9 seconds with scores over 94. I was surprised by the equality........ agitated as well.
    What mag you reloading the P2000 and SK with? Is the SK enough smaller than the P2000 to make it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What mag you reloading the P2000 and SK with? Is the SK enough smaller than the P2000 to make it worth it?
    Standard mag on the P2000. The P2KSK is a niche gun right now, but has promise to be much more. 10 rd on the SK, but I did acquire an X-grip sleeve and a 13 rounder with my SK. I also have v3 SK, but that is on the chopping block.

I'm a really big fan of the 45c release. Going from the P30 release to the stock P2000 was like playing "Where's Waldo"for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I'd be interested to hear your impressions as far as shoot-ability of the SK. It's one of those guns that looks good on paper when I consider a replacement for my G26. Thanks

My only warning on the 45c paddle release on the P2000 is you MIGHT see issues with the paddle and holster fitment. When I installed the 45c paddle on my P2000, I found I couldn't use one of my kydex OWB holsters anymore, without the tight molding inadvertently engaging the magazine release. Ultimately, NBD, I just shelved that holster and went on to use on of the many others that didn't have this problem. But, check your gear after making the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My only warning on the 45c paddle release on the P2000 is you MIGHT see issues with the paddle and holster fitment. When I installed the 45c paddle on my P2000, I found I couldn't use one of my kydex OWB holsters anymore, without the tight molding inadvertently engaging the magazine release. Ultimately, NBD, I just shelved that holster and went on to use on of the many others that didn't have this problem. But, check your gear after making the switch.
    Dremel fix?

Seems like half my Blade Tech holsters need adjustment with the Dremel for me to get a full firing grip.

User Tag List