Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk p2000 lem

I have a P2000 that has been my primary since 2010, until now as I'm shooting a SIG.

It has been dead nuts reliable in 25000 rounds. The only stoppages were from the slide impacting a barricade, 2 dud primers on cheap ammo, and 2 failures to extract on steel MFS. They don't seem to like steel cased ammo from my own experience and what I've read.

I think the P2000 has the best manual of arms in the market. Add in an HK45C mag release to mag make mag changes easy as can be. Note that I never really caught onto the LEM, mine is TDA.

I recently added some P30 mags with X-grips. I used to carry it with the 16 round German Police Model mags before I moved to NJ. I tried the flat 13 round baseplate and did not like them, greatly preferring the extended pinky rest. I really do love the gun, especially after it being my first serious use gun....but I find the trigger, recoil and grip of the classic SIGs to be more enjoyable...though I don't like the controls of the SIG. I've often thought that maybe the oft-forgotten USPc would be a better choice, as I can not only get the same Gray Guns trigger job I have now, but do it on a match trigger to start with. The USPc grip feels more secure, as well. Check it out.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I have had one for a couple years and it gets carried a lot and shot very little, as I practice with the P30 LEM V2, but I find it to be almost as easy to shoot.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

If I were forced to have only one HK, the P2000 would be it. Without such restrictions, 2000sk is my choice for a discreet-er carry and 30L for a full size carry.

Love my P2000 LEM V1 in .40S&W!! It came as a V2, but I sent it to Marine0303 with the parts for installation....makes all the difference in the world!!

It carries AIWB in a Garrett Industries holster as well or better than a G19....very comfortable.

I've got 6 mags, with one having a flat base pad for EDC.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

My son has carried one on the job for 5 years now and doesn't care for it.

Nobody cares for the gear they're issued, it's one of those "grass is greener" things.

A P2000 V2 LEM 9mm would be the first gun I replaced if my safe drowned in a lake tomorrow and I had to start over from zero.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I'm really close to buying a P2000 LEM in 9mm. But I need some input...

I was under the impression that the only P2000 LEM's sold in this country were the V2's. I found a company selling P2000 V1's on line. My web search shows the V1 as having a trigger pull of 20 Newtons and the V2 has having a trigger pull of 32 Newtons (7.3 lbs).

I'm looking hard at the P2000 V1 variant, but is there any reason I should go with the V2 over the V1?

The V2 has a much more positive reset. I find the V1 reset to be lazy and my finger would often outrun the trigger during reset. Since I like for my trigger finger to have constant contact with the trigger face the V1 was not going to work for me.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Having carried a USPC V2 for 8 years I would go with the V1. I've found I can shoot the V1 LEM a little faster and its a little easier to shoot 1 handed.

You can always convert it to V4 / TLG configuration if you find yourself out running the trigger. The V4 is basically V1 with heavier trigger return.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The V2 has a much more positive reset. I find the V1 reset to be lazy and my finger would often outrun the trigger during reset. Since I like for my trigger finger to have constant contact with the trigger face the V1 was not going to work for me.
    I am the same way. My P30 and P2000 are V2 and I don't find the trigger weight to be a hindrance to shooting fast.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List