Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now this is American Beauty

Now this is American Beauty

Early 1950's Pre Model 27 S&W .357 Magnums in 3.5" and 5" barrels and gorgeous old school blueing.
    Happy 4th of July.....And the defininition of Made in the USA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Excellent!

Thanks!

The 5" is my favorite of the N 357's.

Got Dad's pre-27 5-in. that he carried on flight duty on his second tour in Korea. This reminds me I need to turn the old place over and find the Magnas he replaced with Pachmayrs in the early '80s.

Now that I'm a grandpa I'd actually swap a gonad for 3.5-incher of that vintage. Dad's is just a tick under 65-years-old. Believe I'll run a few Wadcutters through it today!

P.S. Gave that lady detective your counsel; and your private msg box is full.

Now those are indeed American. The 3.5 inch pre Model 27 just might take the crown for being "The All Time Greatest American Revolver." (Obviously there are other contenders, but it certainly part of a very elite group.)

Do you still have your old .45 LC you used on police duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Now those are indeed American. The 3.5 inch pre Model 27 just might take the crown for being "The All Time Greatest American Revolver." (Obviously there are other contenders, but it certainly part of a very elite group.)

Do you still have your old .45 LC you used on police duty?
    I agree on the 3.5" Model 27. I love the gun and have a bunch of them. I am trying to find a 1965 one right now to have a birth year gun.
    The 5" is classy and well balanced, but I love the 3.5" guns.

The other gun I am stupid on is the model 25 .45 Colts because of my first duty gun. Yea, I still have the Hebrew Hammer, its original "spare" gun is also in the collection. I have also added two pristine 4" guns, and a very one off 6" that was made with a 1950 Target barrel. Along with a birth year 3.5" Model 27, I am also trying to find a Jovino 25-5 snub nose. We had a Detective who carried one in a shoulder rig and I always coveted it.

Cold case....PM is good now.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I agree on the 3.5" Model 27. I love the gun and have a bunch of them. I am trying to find a 1965 one right now to have a birth year gun.
    The 5" is classy and well balanced, but I love the 3.5" guns.

The other gun I am stupid on is the model 25 .45 Colts because of my first duty gun. Yea, I still have the Hebrew Hammer, its original "spare" gun is also in the collection. I have also added two pristine 4" guns, and a very one off 6" that was made with a 1950 Target barrel. Along with a birth year 3.5" Model 27, I am also trying to find a Jovino 25-5 snub nose. We had a Detective who carried one in a shoulder rig and I always coveted it.

Cold case....PM is good now.
    The gun with the 1950 barrel would be a real treasure to me. Would love to see a pic of it if you get the chance some day. I stupidly didnt buy a 1950 barrel once, and havent seen another since. Have a 6 1/2" 24 barrel that one day will be a 5" on a 29. Would also love a 4" 25-5.

I love the short barrel N frames.
    Here is a 625-3 model of 1989 that is on my list.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=492530485

Well, .41 Magnums are better!
    (Got to keep saying that to avoid the sin of envy.)

I had a chance at an M27 with a six inch barrel and a good price just
    before the cost on all of them jumped. Was in full career after .41s then so left it sitting
    in the display case. One of my regrets.

Never even seen a 3.5 inch M27 in the flesh.
    (.41s are better. .41s are better...)

I don't know what it is, but the 5" seems the ideal bbl length (aesthetically) on an N-frame for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I don't know what it is, but the 5" seems the ideal bbl length (aesthetically) on an N-frame for me.
    I agree.

Happy Independence Day!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List