Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Coffee. Java. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post

If you want to drink espresso strength coffee quit fucking around and get an espresso machine. Juras are too expensive and conventional espressso is too messy; I love my nepressos. I have one at home (actually a couple) and one right here:.
    I do like good espresso. You have my attention. I’ve only used a Nepresso machine a couple of times. One of the tech companies put me up in a fancy Hotel that had a machine and a good variety of capsules in the room. It was pretty good stuff.

I drink almost a full pot of coffee by the time I get to work. I bet quality would help me cut back on the quantity.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I sure like good Espresso but

Very happy with plain simple lavazza espresso simple old Krups espresso machine @ 15 bars.

I can have a double shot right before going to bed with no problems

Simong.

After working from home for 10 months, I've come to some conclusions:

Flavored coffee sucks. Why did I ever start drinking it? (Oh. I know: the wife likes it)

Heavy cream >> pretty much anything else

My French press makes every coffee taste better.

Current favorite coffees: Gevalia Majestic Roast and (oddly enough) Cafe Bustelo.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I saw something about putting Turmeric in coffee. So I googled "turmeric coffee" and skipped the videos about espresso machines and lattes and such and found an article that basically said to take a spoon full of turmeric and mix it in with your coffee. So I took a Turmeric/Curcumin capsule and dumped it in a cup of black coffee. It's ... different. Not sure if I like it. But it's not bad.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I used to be into grinding my own, but a few years ago I dated a Cuban-Jewish girl from Miami (she sounded like a mix between Charro and Fran Drescher when she was pissed) who turned me on to preground Cafe Bustelo. I dumped all the extra shit, bought the cheapest, hottest drip maker I could find and am finally always happy with my coffee.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Without reading 36 pages here, has any good decaf coffee been recommended? I want my morning coffee but i'm not supposed to get much caffeine, meaning that's a rationalization because I'm not supposed to really have any. Folgers decaf is what I get now just because that's what the local grocery carries. All ears for a good decaf recommendation.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Our store finally has had the Arabicas Blue Mountain in stock, and in bean form!!!
    Fresh ground in a press is about as good as it gets.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I have 1 cup with caffeine in the morning.

The second cup is Decafe
    I put in
    Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder,
    Organic Cordyceps Mushroom Extract Powder
    Organic Schisandra Extract Powder,
    Organic Goji Powder, Freeze Dried Goji Berry Powder
    NutraKey Arginine Powder ..
    Probably the only person in the world who does that ..

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    I have 1 cup with caffeine in the morning.

The second cup is Decafe
    I put in
    Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder,
    Organic Cordyceps Mushroom Extract Powder
    Organic Schisandra Extract Powder,
    Organic Goji Powder, Freeze Dried Goji Berry Powder
    NutraKey Arginine Powder ..
    Probably the only person in the world who does that ..
    I would not bet that you aren't! What no coconut oil and butter? I've had a few of those "bullet-proof" coffees whipped up and they are pretty delicious. We're about to start MCT oil and ghia (sp?) in some coffee based on my wife's latest nutrition book. Probably not for my first cup pre ruck however.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

[QUOTE=JHC;1278637]I would not bet that you aren't! What no coconut oil and butter? I've had a few of those "bullet-proof" coffees whipped up and they are pretty delicious. We're about to start MCT oil and ghia (sp?) in some coffee based on my wife's latest nutrition book. Probably not for my first cup pre ruck however.[/QUOT

Hay that sounds good coconut oil in the Coffee !

User Tag List