Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with my new P320 and with Sig

Disappointed with my new P320 and with Sig

Based on the glowing reviews on this forum and elsewhere, two weeks ago I purchased a full size Sig P320 in 9mm. Being behind the Redwood Curtain, I had to order the pistol from my FFL sight unseen, and wait 10 days to pick it up. I had previous held and dry fired a P320 on a previous trip to Reno. My pistol is a brand new gun, made is April 2015.

When my pistol arrived, the trigger was sub-par. It feels like it's on the high side of the acceptable range, and quite gritty. Taking the fire control module out of the grip, I can see the trigger bar rubbing on the side of FCM, causing the grittiness. Overall, I'm underwhelmed. I don't think Sig will do anything about it, since it's clearly within published specs, just heavy and rough.

On the plus side, the pistol shoots great, and shoots small groups. The problem is that this pistol shoots 5 inches high at 25 yards with American Eagle 147gr. I figured I needed a taller front sight. So I called Sig. After explaining that it was shooting high, the tech asked the details of the current front sight on the pistol, explaining that there was one taller version than the stock one on the pistol. He asked that I shoot the pistol at 15 yards and get a firm measurement as to how high the pistol was shooting. I agreed, and did so. The pistol is shooting 3 inches high at 15 yards. The tech, via email, explained that Sig will sell me a taller front sight for $34, or I can send my pistol back to Sig under an accuracy complaint. He further explained that the factory will shoot my gun, and if it fails to meet specs, it will be fixed. If it fails to meet specs, I'll be charged $105 plus return shipping. He wouldn't explain what the specs are, except that "if the gun rips the center out of the bullseye" I'll be charged the fee. As I mentioned, the pistol shoots small groups, so I'm happy with that part. I'm concerned that the pistol will shoot within specs, and I'll be out another $200 on the pistol.

So, I'm left with a brand new pistol that shoots high, and I have to pay full price for the part which I'm willing to put in myself. I don't even mind paying for the part, but $34 seems excessive for a customer satisfaction issue.

In contrast to this, about a decade ago I purchased a used Ruger P97. It also shot high. I called the company, explained that I'm not the first owner, and that it shot high, and Ruger dropped a shorter rear sight in the mail with no charge. Another time my trigger return spring broke on my duty G17. A quick call to Glock had one in the mail that day, no charge.

Okay, enough bitching on my part. Does anyone know if the P320 uses the same front sight dovetails as the P226? My agency issued P226s for about 20 years before recently switching to Glock 17s. Perhaps there is a taller front sight laying around somewhere on an armorer's bench.

The glowing reports here also incl ref to variations in trigger weight and quality. I thought there was the slight inference you got scammed here or something.

That high POI at 25 yds for some guns has cropped up on some reports here. A strange phenom. Roughly half of or family's 3 shooters 18 Glocks needed a taller front sight to dial in POI.

As many folks as have slapped on new sights as fast as they have I gotta believe they must share the dovetail.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Same dovetail as other P series Sigs.

My full sized came shooting POA/POI but there are numerous reports of the 320s shooting high out of the box, like you report. Enough so that Dawson Precision already has a different sight set for sale that remedies the issue.

according to a quick google search I just ran, Trijicon sells a sight set for 9mm sigs (#8 front #8 rear). The P320 is included as compatible with the P226. This may be the answer to your question:

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...3.php?pid=SG01

I have issues with my P226. It shoots low. It was shooting low left until I changed the grips (it was me slapping the grip). I may just put an adjustable rear sight on it to raise poi. I understand your frustration and have been dealing with this issue since I owned the gun (about 5 years). You have choices. My suggestion, if you haven't already done so, is to test it with a rest. Contact the dealer you purchased it from and get them to fight the battle for you.

Mine was shooting high Sig sent me a # 6 sight which is what you need in about a week at no charge.

I can understand any Firearm Company not sending free parts to everyone that requests them even though you may have a valid issue. I would call and ask again and if Sig will not send you a new front sight purchase one from Sig or an aftermarket vendor and move on.

147 shoots 2-3 inches higher than 115/124 at 25 yards in my 320 full size. A number 6 front is worth another few inches.

If I had my Sig box here I would just send you a 6, as I have removed a number of them when switching to after market sights.

I would call Sig CS back, and get a different rep. You might point out that the Dawson 320 specific rear is .20 lower, and that is to address 320 pistols shooting higher.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Disappointed with my new P320 and with Sig

FWIW Check out page 4 from SIG's manual for the different sight height corrections at 25 yds with front & rear sight combos.

https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/Cms...ightPusher.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask for a different rep, or try to move up the chain a step or two.

It sounds like you are pretty certain it is a sight issue, and that's an easy fix.

The fact that there is so much variance in the triggers on these bugs me, mostly just knowing there are folks in your situation that feel left holding the bag when they get one that just isn't on the upper 50% of the curve. I'd like to see Sig iron this out in the long term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sample of 7, and no significant differences in trigger. All got better with use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List