Page 90 of 153 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    GJM, were these LEM or TDA times? If you've done both on the timer how do the different trigger systems effect your draw, splits and over all times with the 45's? For example are you having to ramp up the draw more on one vs the other, (LEM vs TDA) or are they about the same? Do the different triggers effect your draw i.e. press vs punch out, additionally are you having to get on the trigger faster and fire in the line of presentation? I'm just curious where you make up the bulk of your time. I know your said it's your draw but are your pulling .10's from various places to make up for the splits? I'm not trying to second guess you, I'm just curious what you think feel and see as your experiencing it or maybe looking back at it on video. Ever since Gabe's class I've been trying to look at everything and break it down to a more refined process with others and myself to see how it could apply to me and I can improve. Then again I could just be making shit more complicated than it needs to be. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    As it turned out, I was shooting my USP FS .40 this afternoon, and ran Gabe's test. I was shooting from open carry, so those times apply. On the 2H/1B, this is how my time broke down -- .87 draw, .26 body split, .46 head split. The .40 S&W costs me something over 9 on the head splits.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    On the USP FS, I can't reliably activate the thumb safety on my draw, so any DA/SA USP pistols are V3, which is decock only.
    Are there any H&Ks you can reliably use the thumb safety? What issue do you have with the USP thumb safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are there any H&Ks you can reliably use the thumb safety? What issue do you have with the USP thumb safety?
    It has been a while, but with a V7 plate I think the HK45 was OK, although I convert to LEM. Think the P30S was also OK, although in .40, riding the thumb safety abraded the inside of my thumb.

The issue with the USP FS, is the way I need to position my hand to reliably and quickly move the thumb safety, is not the ideal hand position for running the trigger. The hybrid match LEM is perfect for me, as it is a great trigger, and gets rid of the thumb safety. If stuck with a DA/SA, I go V3, which turns the safety into only a decocker, and is a usable if not ideal trigger for me.

Size 11 bony hands here.
    I find the HK USP safety to be easier to reach than the HK45 full size.
    I seem to have a better grip on a USP 45 LEM than on a Cocked and locked USP until the safety comes off.
    Last edited by 1slow; 07-23-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The issue with the USP FS, is the way I need to position my hand to reliably and quickly move the thumb safety, is not the ideal hand position for running the trigger. The hybrid match LEM is perfect for me, as it is a great trigger, and gets rid of the thumb safety. If stuck with a DA/SA, I go V3, which turns the safety into only a decocker, and is a usable if not ideal trigger for me.
    I've only played around with the various HK's, USP & HK45, but I agree. I'm a 1911 guy, and Condition 1 - Cocked and Locked - is natural to me. However, I would rather not have to use the lever on the HK's as I do the thumb safety on the 1911. I'd prefer to look at those guns as DA/SA or DA (LEM) only guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Size 11 bony hands here.
    As a data point to my above post, I wear a size 8 glove, so hand size could be my issue with HK's thumb safety lever.

Okay, I've finally read this entire thread. I have a V1 45c that I want to convert to light LEM. I would rather have HK do it. Who do I call at HK USA and what do I ask for? Just request light LEM?

I know it's in here somewhere but having a heck of a time tracking it down.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Okay, I've finally read this entire thread. I have a V1 45c that I want to convert to light LEM. I would rather have HK do it. Who do I call at HK USA and what do I ask for? Just request light LEM?

I know it's in here somewhere but having a heck of a time tracking it down.
    Yes, just go to the HK site http://hk-usa.com/warranty/ , call the number at the bottom of the page, tell them you want to get the Light LEM conversion (which I believe is V1), ask for a return authorization number to return the pistol to them, and they'll do all the paperwork while you're on the phone.

You'll have to ship it to them overnight (FedEx or UPS, not USPS), or thru a local FFL holder. They can ship the gun directly back to you, but you'll have to be there to sign for the delivery.

Thread on HK Pro, saying a police woman shot and killed four of the terrorists with a USP 9x19:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...-usp-9x19.html

User Tag List