Page 76 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

Site Supporter
    I really regret selling my USP compact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This afternoon, I shot a minty DA/SA USP Compact 9mm that I got from a PF member. It will go to HK for a LEM trigger, but I was excited to shoot it.

Short review is that it retains the many excellent qualities of the USP full size but in a smaller size and with a faster cycling slide. Right off, I was .02-.03 faster on Bill drills, but it maintained excellent accuracy on eight inch steel out to 35 yards. The USP C is very much equivalent to a G19, and in my hands a better performer than a P2000.

I then shot a VP9 with a GGI trigger, that I also got from a PF member. Incredible trigger. I had to almost fight with my wife to pry it out of her hands. A lower 48 combo of a USP Compact 9 for EDC and a VP9 with a skookum trigger for gaming, would be a pretty compelling package. Add in the USP FS .45 and HK45C for Super ammo,, and you have a North American do it all package.
    One of my favorite off duty guns for a lot of years was one of the first USP 9Compacts. Had number 184 in the first week they hit the US. Carrying a full size USP 45 on duty, it was a great front AIWB gun right from the get go.

I am just glad GJM is finally getting the 90's right all over again. Now that he has dumped the Glocks for Hk's, I would imagine the Toyota Tacoma's will be getting traded in on new Raptors......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

As I told you on the phone, 80 mph exactly is the Raptor's exact happy zone for running over tires and rims. I would be glad to provide the tire and rim if you provide the Raptor for further testing and envelope expansion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Short review is that it retains the many excellent qualities of the USP full size but in a smaller size and with a faster cycling slide. Right off, I was .02-.03 faster on Bill drills, but it maintained excellent accuracy on eight inch steel out to 35 yards. The USP C is very much equivalent to a G19, and in my hands a better performer than a P2000.
    Does the performance and versatility of the compact seem to make the full size redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    Does the performance and versatility of the compact seem to make the full size redundant?
    Possibly for lower 48 EDC, but the USP FS .45 is still king of the hill in my book, as a field gun.

I was discussing Super with Bill Wilson, and asked him about his experience shooting hogs on his ranch with a handgun. He says he generally just uses his Beretta 92 carry gun and Barnes 115 ammo. Says it drops them like a .308.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I was discussing Super with Bill Wilson, and asked him about his experience shooting hogs on his ranch with a handgun. He says he generally just uses his Beretta 92 carry gun and Barnes 115 ammo. Says it drops them like a .308.
    Interesting.

Damn.

Actually, double-damn that one.

I've seen mr. Wilson shoot. Shot placement may be a factor.
    Ignore Alien Orders

There's a great Kyle Lamb video on YouTube of him shooting a hog with a 9mm.

User Tag List