Page 74 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 field pistol

GJM.. I have heard that mentioned before about the expert's recoil sometimes having a "pogo" type feeling. Thanks for posting thais information it has made my decision a bit easier.

My Expert had the same kind of recoil feeling. It felt almost like the slide was staying locked up a touch longer than normal before moving. However, what's odd is that when I added a front weight (Merkel tuning weight or the similar Omega weight system built in the U.S.), that pogo feeling totally disappeared and the recoil impulse feels totally normal.
    Last edited by Yuns; 10-19-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuns View Post
    My Expert had the same kind of recoil feeling. It felt almost like the slide was staying locked up a touch longer than normal before moving. However, what's odd is that when I added a front weight (Merkel tuning weight or the similar Omega weight system built in the U.S.), that pogo feeling totally disappeared and the recoil impulse feels totally normal.
    have a link to the products?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    have a link to the products?
    I bought it in a HKPro group buy when this guy was getting set up.

http://omega-match-system.myshopify.com/collections/all

thanks. That sucker is BIG!

Amazing from the NRA article:

In the American Rifleman protocol, we fire each gun at 25 yds. and produce five consecutive, five-shot groups using three different kinds of commercial ammunition. In this shoot, I fired three chamberings, so my test- ing resulted in 45 groups. Of those 45 five-shot clusters, only 16 were over the two-inch mark. The average overall group size was 1.81".
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    thanks. That sucker is BIG!

Amazing from the NRA article:

In the American Rifleman protocol, we fire each gun at 25 yds. and produce five consecutive, five-shot groups using three different kinds of commercial ammunition. In this shoot, I fired three chamberings, so my test- ing resulted in 45 groups. Of those 45 five-shot clusters, only 16 were over the two-inch mark. The average overall group size was 1.81".
    That's a surprisingly good and thorough testing protocol. Do they list the ammo used in the testing groups?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That's a surprisingly good and thorough testing protocol. Do they list the ammo used in the testing groups?
    Name:  USP Accuracy Test.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  52.9 KB

Someone over on HKPro just converted their USP45 Tactical to .460 Rowland by having an OEM barrel reamed, replacing the recoil spring and mag spring and adding a compensator.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    GJM,

Do you have a preference for the USP Expert regarding the factory model withbor without the Jet Funnel magwell?

The steel reinforced polymer Jet Funnel mags are stupid expensive.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've been digging on the 1100 FPS 230gr FMJ load. At ~$1.20/round, a person can probably save enough money to justify the time to hand load some. BB says they use "flash suppressed" powders. Silhouette is a "flash suppressed" powder suitable for heavy loads in .45 ACP. Requested load data from Ramshot CS, and they have a 230gr FMJ .45 Super load with Silhouette at 1100 FPS.

Will probably be ordering me up some Silhouette, Starline cases and Nosler 230gr FMJ-FP bullets to mess with.

Geeking further, the PF of 230gr @ 1100 FPS is almost identical to the PF for the fastest max loads for .357 Magnum on Hodgdon's site for both 158 and 180 grain bullets. Just as a point of reference...

User Tag List